[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can i delete any of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: wha.jpg (191 KB, 781x374) Image search: [Google]
wha.jpg
191 KB, 781x374
can i delete any of these?
>>
You can delete all of them.
>>
>>55253203
Yeah, if you want shit to break.
>>
>>55253203
You can delete them all, but since you have no way of knowing which program will require them you might break part of your system's functionality.
>>
>>55253203
If you want. It looks like they're not taking up enough space to cause an issue though
>>
>>55253203
You're uninstalling Visual Studio, right?
>>
just keep the latest version of each iteration
>>
>>55253203
Depends. They are installed by other programs. Each program you install requires a specific version. Sometimes you can sort by date and see what programs and supporting libararies were installed the same day to tell which goes with what but its not terribly reliable.
>>
Best to keep them. Snatch 2015 while you're at it.
>>
>>55253219
/thread
>>
>>55253203
Why you want to do it in first place? It is like 100mb of libraries.
>>
>>55253203
I fucking hate this shit.
Before applications would just include the libraries they needed in their install directory, now every fucking thing is installing another redistributable that just makes you're add/remove programs list longer.
>>
>>55254088

Hue hue
>>
>>55253203
If those are all the MSI installers for the redistributables, you can delete them but you will then be in trouble if there is ever an update released it will go look for the installer for the old version to remove that before installing a new one, and when it can't find it you will be stuck unable to install or uninstall.
>>
>>55253203
Yes. But next time you run a game it may reinstall one
>>
Thanks anons, yall have been real helpful
Everyone else may say ur shit, but I think ur some pretty cool guys
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.