[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /g/ I come to you with a specific problem: >I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: wacom-to-cintiq-kit.jpg (126 KB, 470x289) Image search: [Google]
wacom-to-cintiq-kit.jpg
126 KB, 470x289
sup /g/ I come to you with a specific problem:

>I'm an engineer.
>I often need to mark up drawings
>Paper is expensive and wasteful

I need

>large A3 touch screen for pen input
>on some sort of demountable/flat folding stand

Does anything like this even exist?

Windows tablets are too small in general and android/iOS tablets are toys.

pic related, but I hear bad things about them.
>>
>>55250339
>>/sqg/
>>
>>55250339
Get a drawing tablet and learn to use it, it's not that difficult.
>>
Look no mo. Buy a Microsoft Book thing. Long battery life when attached. 3000 x 2000, detachable (short battery), light weight, but is expensive. Of course it has a own which uses the screen as a book hence Book when detached.
>>
>>55250339
check wacom cintiq, might be what you are looking for
>>
>>55250339
I'm an architect, i use a surface pro 4 for this exact use case. Werks great. Saves a lot of time marking drawings up as I discuss them with someone, then emailing it out straightaway instead of having to scan the paper drawings and email them from my workstation.

However as I'm sure you know, you always see things differently on paper than you do on screen, so for quality control/coordination sometimes i's better to print things out and look at the paper one, then markup simultaneously on the digital one. Otherwise I find I miss things.
>>
Does a wacom cintiq fit the bill?
>>
I actually like doing my redlines by hand, but a lot of the other engineers in my office use Surface Pros and PDF SAM.
>>
You are asking this question yet there is a cintiq in your picture?
>>
Buy a graphics tablet. Wacom Bamboo is nice. You'll get the hang of it quickly.
>>
>>55250339
>I'm an engineer.
>Does anything like this even exist?

You're an engineer, if it doesn't exist, you invent it.
>>
>>55250339
>Paper is expensive
What
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.