[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the current state of Android TV? Can you flash them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: AndroidTVofficial.jpg (148 KB, 800x610) Image search: [Google]
AndroidTVofficial.jpg
148 KB, 800x610
What's the current state of Android TV?

Can you flash them with custom firmware to remove all the spy shit while keeping "smart" tv functionality?
>>
>>55249960
put gentoo on it op

be the realâ„¢ hero
>>
do they have bootloaders that need to be unlocked? they're not gsm devices tough so i dunno
>>
>>55249960
The last time I checked out Android TVs a year ago, they all had a crippling design flaw: When turning the TV on (or resuming from standby), they always return to the home screen. There's no option or setting to have them return to the last input or channel they were on before being turned off.

I'm not buying a TV that won't even remember the input I selected.
>>
>>55249960

Raspberry Pi + OSMC > Android TV
>>
>>55250234
Works fine on my Sony
>>
>>55250597
i'd rather remove an extra box from the equation
wall mounting is just too sexy
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.