[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the documentation of some programming languages so terrible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: wallhaven-266998.jpg (409 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-266998.jpg
409 KB, 2048x1365
Why is the documentation of some programming languages so terrible?

I come from a Java background, so I might be a bit spoiled, but everything I tried to do with C#(forms, mvc) was either nowhere explained or was really poorly documented. You end up having to read up stackoverflow answers and youtube tutorials just to write a hello world or try a feature.
>>
File: BjarneStroustrup.jpg (41 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
BjarneStroustrup.jpg
41 KB, 432x324
>>55248820
Because fuck you pajeet, that's why.
>>
>>55248820
msdn you fuckwit
>>
>>55248820
Do they get fucked?
>>
File: Professional C#.jpg (41 KB, 527x663) Image search: [Google]
Professional C#.jpg
41 KB, 527x663
>Go into a different toolset and environment expecting it to be the same.
Get it. Read it. Use it AND MSDN as reference. It will also explain WPF.
>>
>>55248820
>microsoft in charge of documentation
what did you expect?
>>
>>55248923
>all white males
Triggered
>>
>>55248842
msdn is the worst doc ever
>>
The problem is not the documentation. You're just dumb.
>>
Does anyone think the Python documentation is any good for getting information quickly? Why are the doc pages like a full tutorial with a walls of text?

Why can't it just list out the methods of a class in a table and tell me the arguments, return values like Java & STL?
>>
>>55248923
This book is useful? I picked it up for free from a college I was working at one summer. They were throwing a whole bunch out so I grabbed one and never touched it. I just assumed it was shit because it was a community college.
>>
>Java background
>having trouble with C#

?????

they're basically the same language
>>
>>55248820
What are you talking about there are litteraly zillion samples and examples and all the apis documented on msdn.

If you're autistic or lazy that you can't even google search you can even press F1 while your mouse is over ANYTHING in VS and you'll get documentation about it.

Stop spreading FUD over your own incopetency.
>>
>>55249087
>just fuck my namespace up fa᠎m
>>
>>55249094
>F1

I actually didnt know about this, cool.

Still, Java documentation is miles above C#.
>>
>>55249107
really now?
>>
>>55249094
I'm not sure about C# but half of the winapi C examples don't compile, or throw runtime errors on anything newer than WinXP SP1. Either way I don't trust MSDN for anything but function signatures. Most structs are right as well but there are a few that are out of date or have the wrong reserved space.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.