[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wanting to go from GNU/Linux to Botnet/Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1464030740165.jpg (7 KB, 300x294) Image search: [Google]
1464030740165.jpg
7 KB, 300x294
I've been running GNU/Linux distros for over 2 years. Mostly using Arch, Debian, and Gentoo.

The advantages of running GNU/Linux are much stronger than running windows, but for some reason i have an urge to install Windows 10 onto my Thinkpad. I don't know why. I think I just want to experience the convenience of it, even if it means botnet.

Please knock some sense into me and convince me not to do it /g/
>>
File: shima_blush.png (370 KB, 534x534) Image search: [Google]
shima_blush.png
370 KB, 534x534
W-Windows 10 isn't all that bad just to play some vidya.
>>
>>55244687
This, vidya is technology and /g/ needs to understand that.
>>
>>55244675
Install 7 first then get the free windows 10 upgrade.

but you better do it before the end of july though unless you want to pay money forit.
>>
Do you play games, or plan to use any other windows specific program?

If so go for it, if not, stick with Linux.
>>
>>55244687
I haven't played video games properly for years... though I did love to play them

>>55244714
I asked you guys to convince me not to do it. I thought /g/ was supposed to be a stallmannite haven. What happened?

>>55244729
I used to play games. I am interested in trying the windows specific programs, but that would mean installing closed source software, which is literally viruses
>>
>>55244772
>stallman haven

The freetards are the minority here. Albeit very vocal, they're still the minority. I for one use Ubuntu Mate 16.04 as my daily OS for everything possible. I still have a Windows partition for programs and games though only recently went to W10 because skylake kept rejecting W7.

For free as in freedom people, Windows is an abomination. For those who care about the end result (I.e. getting done what you need), it works fine.
>>
>>55244675
Just dual boot. Use windows for vidja games and using windows software.
Currently I have a small mini pc setup with linux for everyday surfing and shit and a vidja game pc with windows installed. Only turn it on when I want to play vidjas.
>>
>>55244675
Whenever you are ready to stop being a martyr for a cause only a handful of people understand or care about.
>>
>>55245441
Doesn't dualbooting slow things down by quite a bit though?
>>
>>55244675
Just fucking do it. If you don't actually care about your freedom to practise four specific acts in software, then you deserve all the Windows 10 that you get.
>>
>>55245547
....How?
>>
>>55245547

Jesus Christ stop being such a fucking faggot. Do you sit down to pee?
>>
>>55245594
Im just interested on how they came to that conclusion. Did they confuse dual booting with running a VM?
>>
>>55244675
Don't do it. Seriously. I'm posting from a Windows 8.1 VM and I can't believe how shitty this OS is. I went most of my life without using Windows and now I know I haven't missed anything at all. I don't even care about freetard shit. Linux is just better.
>>
>>55245689
>Windows 8.1
There's your problem.
>>
>>55245713
>Windows
There's my problem. Shit's like a hoarder's house up in here. Garbage strewn about, mismatched themes, hard to believe people pay for this.
>>
>>55245766
most people pay for a computer that comes with Windows. Also using 8.1, known to be shit, as proof all windows are shit is stupid. At least try 7 if not 10.
Im not saying Windows is God's blessing to the world, just calm your tits and realize it is a different tool that people use.
>>
>>55244772
>Closed source software, literally viruses
Yes because not being able to inspect source code under normal conditions means it's a virus.
Have you considered for even a second, why MS doesn't want people snooping around their source code? They are in business to make money. And not just MS, individuals, development teams that use the .NET stack want to profit.
>>
>>55245975
Wait! You are saying that a company wanting to make money in a capitalist society shouldn't try to have the edge against competition in order to secure their money?! Say it aint soo!
>>
>>55245975
They can do that all they want. I am happy to not play by those rules.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.