[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here that just doesn't feel the consumerism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
Anyone else here that just doesn't feel the consumerism as much as they used to a few years back? Processing tech doesn't interest me since at most you get 10% more performance and 10% less power draw, same form factor, same everything. SSDs are the same as they were 4 years ago, just twice as affordable, but its not like anyone needs a 1TB SSD.

Like I used to change phones every 4-5 months from shitty low-end models (not because I'm a reviewer, just the thrill I guess), to flagships of this year and the years before, trying out different stuff, reselling once I'm done with it, iphones, windows phones, macbooks, windows walmart crap, high-end business elitebooks/thinkpads/latitudes, and now it seems like there's really no point and its such a huge time waster.

Now I'm happy with pic related for almost a year now and a refurb 8460p HP sandy bridge 8gb/128gb ssd I paid $250 for altogether and I just can't be fucking bothered to fuck with this shit and try to fake hype or participate in threads.
>>
Why the fuck do people pride themselves in consumerism
>>
>>55235703
did you not watch fight club?
>>
>>55235630
it was more exciting when each year brought noticeable performance increases. Though I'm thinking more of desktops in the 90s and 2000s.

now here I am typing this on the Nehalem system I built in 2009.
>>
>>55235630
You simply get older.
>>
if it weren't for captchas i'd be using this site on a 486
>>
I'M FUCKING HYPED FOR ZEN
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
USB3.1 IS THE SHIT
THUNDERBOLT 2 IS THE SHIT
TOP OF THE LINE GPU'S IN LAPTOPS

Phone market has slowed down though.
>>
>>55236036
>check out new laptops and mobile tech
>intel ramping up prices
>new top of the line thinkpads or other equally quality notebooks are 2k€ minimum
FUCK
guess ill stick with my t420 for a while.
>>
The step up used to be insane. When I upgraded my Windows 95 machine to a Pentium 2 around 2000, it was a huge thing. Today, my five year old laptop really isn't any worse than anything currently at Walmart.
>>
>>55235630
SSDs actually evolved beyond sata limitations tho.
>>
i regret selling my samsung S5, i should have just jammed CM13 in it
>>
>>55236278

I know that feel.
>>
>>55235703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWCJqZTVrb0
>>
>>55235630
I will switch from my Note 4 to an iPhone 6s and probably don't buy a phone for the next 5-6 years.

Same with my pc to the new Macbook Pro 2016
>>
>>55236036
>Top of the Line GPU's in Laptops

Nigga what
>>
>>55236656
oh yeah, i forgot.
but a 4 year old laptop using standard 2.5" drives and pretty much all desktops that don't have a dedicated m.2 ngff or pcie ssd slots aren't really affected
>>
>>55237356
see its this shit right here that i used to say to myself too
just this one more thing, just this change in my tech repertoire and i'm set 4 the next decade

the fuck do you need an iphone for, you have a fucking note 4 like what does even a note 4 do that a note 2 can't.
the fuck do you need a macbook for anyway, what are you making this post on?
>>
nexus 7 2012 still STONK
Android M, over 5h sot
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.