[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I had a bullet I would kill this fucking NSA cock-sucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 567888999.png (333 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
567888999.png
333 KB, 639x360
If I had a bullet I would kill this fucking NSA cock-sucking faggot.

Who the FUCK thought pulseaudio was a better idea than alsa? Just fuck these hacks. Back to slackware I go.

Oh wait, slackware now has pulseaudio, too!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>55230752

I don't think that's poeterring or however his name is spelt. He looks different.
>>
>>55230752
look at that beta numale haircut, glasses, and expression
what a cuck
>>
>>55230752
mind telling what pulseaudio is and why it´s the end of the world?
>>
Not sure what Hank Green has to do with Linux. (inb4 GNU/Linux)
>>
Install Gentoo and you won't have this problem.
>>
>>55230901
this.
Hank is a cool ass dude with some nice Youtube channels
>>
>Who the FUCK thought pulseaudio was a better idea than alsa?
probably the same people who thought alsa was better than oss.
>>
>>55230752
ITT - Freetards that think the world revolves around them...
>>
>>55230937
Hank and John are alright dudes who love capitalism like it's god and that's never okay.

They'd be great dudes if they weren't pretentious and act like they're better than all of YouTube. If you're better than YT, then leave it already.
>>
>>55230752
Comparing ALSA and PulseAudio is just stupid as they have very different goals and functions.

ALSA is kernel audio framework and PulseAudio is user space sound server which usually uses ALSA (on Linux hosts) to interface with audio hardware.

Having a user space sound server is a good thing. Why should the kernel care about how to route audio over the network, how users capture audio or how to mix audio from multiple processes when there is no hardware support?

If you don't care about those then you can just not install PulseAudio it or disable it. Not using PulseAudio on Linux desktop seems pretty retarded to me unless you're doing some audio engineering in which case you probably want to use JACK sound server or maybe even ALSA directly depending on what you're doing.
>>
>>55230752
Pulseaudio is fine. You still have ALSA.

Personally, I run Pulseaudio as a plugin on top of jackd+ALSA. Best of all worlds in terms of compatibility and latency.
>>
>>55231083
Wait. They run vidcon right? Why would you get the impression they think they are better than YouTube?
>>
>>55231083

They're liberals which in some circles is unforgivable here but I always thought they've come across as good natured and wanting to be seen as fair by everyone even though their youtube channel is political and liberal which is usually associated with being pushy / shrill.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWnnRN6KtM4
>>
>>55232992
All I know about them is one of them made a video blaming the crusades on christians.
>>
>>55230752

you can not use pulse audio you know? Like I know folks don't realize it but if you install ubuntu or whatever distro and it installs something you don't like you can just uninstall it and install what you prefer.

And like if something isn't in the repos you can just build it from source... most of the time it's ./configure && make after grabbing a few of the libraries.

Unless one application you need doesn't support anything but pulse there is no reason you /have/ to use it.
>>
>>55230752
Perhaps you meant to post a picture of a different person? Unless, of course, you are posting about your hatred for Hank Green AND pulseaudio, separately.
>>
>>55233168
Waito people, arr rook same
>>
>>55233103
Have you tried uninstalling pulseaudio in any *buntu? Everything breaks cuz dependency builds. Fucken hell.
>>
File: 1466705552427.jpg (42 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
1466705552427.jpg
42 KB, 500x320
>>55233168
I'm convinced they're the same person
>>
>>55233199
pulseaudio -k and set autostart to no or whatever in the config file. no big deal.
>>
>>55230752
Disable pulseaudio in startup, install apulse. Problem solved. Stop whining.
>>
>>55233220
I said the packages are built optimized for pulseaudio. That is why the only salvation is a Poettering-free distro (if there is) or a source based one.
>>
>>55233206
Nah, John is likeable and intelligent. Hank is annoying and appeals to the everlasting highschool freaks.
>>
>>55233248
Things break, software still doesn't work. The idiots at Canonical listen Red Hat cucks far too much and they kept pulse as much integrated as they could.
>>
>inb4 stop using deprecated software and use pulse
Pulseaudio deprecates software, they don't just "become obsolete" by themselves.
>>
>>55233278
I don't know what's you talking about. Apulse solved all issues with pulseaudio only software for me including Skype. But I don't use ubuntu, maybe it's worse there.
>>
>>55233311
What distro are you using?
>>
>>55230767
It's Hank Green. He has butthole problems
>>
>>55233052
That's John Green, who writes books that really piss /lit/ off and also has said ultra-liberal take on history. The worst thing Hank has done is fallen into the Khan Academy sphere.

(polite sage)
>>
File: 1461310400760.png (574 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1461310400760.png
574 KB, 1080x1920
>>55233535
>writes books that really piss /lit/ off

Exhibit A
>During the week of July 29, 2012, John Green's Looking for Alaska broke into the New York Times best seller list at number ten in Children's Paperback
>>
Is this the SciShow nigga?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.