[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audiophiles subtly and cheekily blown the fuck out. >The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: audiophile-loves-music.jpg (23 KB, 402x385) Image search: [Google]
audiophile-loves-music.jpg
23 KB, 402x385
Audiophiles subtly and cheekily blown the fuck out.

>There are a few ways to avoid the extra distortion:
>A dedicated ultrasonic-only speaker, amplifier, and crossover stage to separate and independently reproduce the ultrasonics you can't hear, just so they don't mess up the sounds you can.

https://xiph.org/%7Exiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
>>
As a pretty established audio engineer, it baffles me that those fuckers buy 'better' equipment to reproduce the music than it was originally even recorded with. Especially when it comes to one-point classical recordings.
>>
>>55226229

It's a major delusion. The only way I can explain it is:

>hmm, i need something to feel superior and elitist about
>let's become an audiophile

Of course that doesn't fully explain how they can delude themselves and ignore all the scientific proof that they're experiencing placebo effects. Maybe they do realize that, but they're too far into it and admitting it would be an embarrassment.
>>
File: 03.jpg (90 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
90 KB, 800x600
>>55226229
http://www.harbeth.co.uk/library/mp3files/Alan_Shaw_Derek_HughesV2BBCJune07_%28C%29_HarbethUK.mp3

Is listening to voice best for testing speakers?
>>
Is that Neil Young ipod thing still alive?
>>
>>55226229

> audio engineer

>>>/out/
>>
File: wtf man seriously.jpg (91 KB, 580x719) Image search: [Google]
wtf man seriously.jpg
91 KB, 580x719
You mean i can offer them an empty box, tell them it ultrasonically purifies their sound environment and they'll buy it?
>>
>>55226229
>originally even recorded with
booger
>>
>>55226167
is this supposed to be new, especially this article ?
>>55226865
not him and what the fuck is your problem
>>
>>55226167
I can hear the difference between copper,aluminium,CCA,tungsten,gold,silver,scandium,titanium,vanadium,cobalt,mercury,lead,cadmium,yttrium,iridium,osmium,platinum and woods metal speaker wire

Debate me

You will lose
>>
>>55226229
>comparing recording to playback
'oh ho they used less than perfect recording tools so fuck it no point in trying i guess lets just listen to 64kbps mp3'

>implying you are any kind of engineer
>>
File: 1455395120601.jpg (32 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1455395120601.jpg
32 KB, 320x320
>>55227382
>>
>>55227813
Nice argument, retard.
>>
>>55226229
Please be Sean.

Fucking delete key.
>>
What speakers should I use for my desktop?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.