[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if /g/ likes Richard Stallman, even if it is on an ironic-unironic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
So if /g/ likes Richard Stallman, even if it is on an ironic-unironic spectrum, how come you guys use non-free linux distros.
>>
>>55225902
This is a serious question. I see a lot of people running arch, debian, or ubuntu but none running blag or ututo. Does no one on this board care about truly free software?
>>
>>55226054
I unironnicaly (?) care about it, except nonfree JS, I use Trisquel.
>>
>>55225902
I, for one, like and try to stick more often than not to what RMS says, because he is right in so many aspects, but, when functionalty comes into play we end up crashing with that wall that says: Hey you are not a emeritus phd doctor who travels around the world giving lectures and sleeping in followers couches.
>>
>>55226162
You seem to be the only one. It's a shame to think that the people we share a board with think they have any superiority over an OSX or Windows user.
>>
https://youtu.be/umQL37AC_YM
Friendly reminder that he is a fat fraud and should be taken off of the sticky.
>>
Parabola representin
>>
>>55226254
Well meme'd
>>
Nobody is willing to sacrafice convenience for freedom, myself included. Removing convenience for memes is not the solution. We have to boycot nonfree software in other means.
>>
>>55226445
>We have to boycott software by not boycotting it
>>
>>55226445
There should be like a kick starter for open source software. It'd be an easier way for the community to fund software development to get more polished/easier to use software.
>>
>>55225902
I just redefine 'freedom' to mean something different, and then I can do whatever I want and get $30,000 speaking fees.
>>
>>55225902
I installed Trisquel on my mom's computer and she loves it and uses it everyday. I run Debian with no nonfree software installed and I run libreboot on two thinkpads also running no nonfree firmware so yeah I do care except the whole "NONFREE JAVASCRIPT" thing I think that is stupid, but I do agree that EME needs to end and we shouldn't put DRM in the web
>>
I don't care what a commie jew says I should do.
The man is completely delusional, he doesn't have a clue about making freedumb software competitive and profitable for the developers.
>>
>>55226537
There are plenty of fundraising sites like this. People have to actually donate though.
>>
>>55226537
I was thinking of this idea. You release your free software, but not it's source code, and once you get enough money from crowdfunding you just release source code.
Watcha think?
>>
>>55226878
Then it's not free software until it gets fully funded in which case the people who would fund it wouldn't use it
>>
>>55225902

Because I'm willing to use nonfree software as long as it doesn't automatically install Candy Crush Soda Saga on my computer.

That's my only condition.
>>
>>55225902
I respect and admire the work Stallman has done and his commitment to his cause. And I agree one a lot of his viewpoints and general goals. That said, it's not fucking binary, you don't have to follow or agree everything he said to the t if you respect and admire the guy you fucking autist.
>>
>>55227290
If you believe in free software, you should use free software.
>>
>>55226254
That is a person imitating RS. Do a cross check with longer interview, tbey differ in voice
>>
>>55225902
I would love to run a free distros but my Intel drivers won't let me
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.