[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD Zen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 262628.jpg (12 KB, 513x287) Image search: [Google]
262628.jpg
12 KB, 513x287
Is AMD going too slow with zen ?
Im sure Intel will catch up to them by the time they release it since they have more than 10X of their R&D budget
>>
Can someone post that "i am zen' gif
>>
Catch up with what? Skylake refreshes?
>>
>>55203851
Shouldn't be too hard for AMD to catch up, but they always find a way to fuck up.
Even if ZEN lives up to the hype, only "le tech sawy people" will buy them because AMDead has bad reputaion around the typical goyim normies
>>
Should of called it AMD Alan Watts Edition
>>
>>55203764
No
>>
Zen+ is in the works.
>>
When can I buy the new 250-core Alpha?

will DEC re-release Tru64?
>>
>>55203740
ZEN WHEN?
>>
>>55203740
>Intel
>"catch up" to AMD
Since when is losing millions every quarter something to strive for?
>>
Too slow? It'll hopefully be a lower priced skylake tier IPC range. Intel already caught up.

Zen+ might be something but that's so far off Intel will no doubt have something better.
>>
File: zen.jpg (137 KB, 784x640) Image search: [Google]
zen.jpg
137 KB, 784x640
>falling for Zen meme
>>
As long as Zen motherboards support shit like m.2 the CPUs have better performance in video games compared to Sandyvag I'll be getting one.
>>
>>55204581
>add costs
>$2-5
its fucking nothing
>>
>>55204581
>ASMedia asserted that the USB 3.1 issues were just a market rumour while in fact its chipset's, stability and compatibility have all passed certification

Nothing to see here folks
>>
>>55203740
I'm really looking forward to it, they better release by fall/christmas

>>55204313
would love to see the chinese get into the cpu market, may we finally see the death of x86?
I hope so, can't wait to see Risc-V get off though

imagine dozens of companies fighting eachother making the best cpus, bit like how the ssd market is performing these days
>>
>>55203740

Yep. If it had been out around the same time as broadwell-e and is what it is supposed to be then it would have glimmered. Who knows how it will be received now even if it meets its mark. Now its all coming down to price with haswell-e, broadwell-e, and skylake all the bases are already loaded AMD just needs to pitch.
>>
>>55204581
Skylake has a 3.1 chip, only kaby lake will bring native 3.1 support.
>>
>>55205425
And then? No games, no software other than opensource, unoptimized compilers, a lot of fragmentation.
Ppc, arm and MIPS are enough.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.