[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ I have a question for you. I have a Win 7 with an OEM key.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: win10oem.jpg (10 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
win10oem.jpg
10 KB, 269x187
/g/ I have a question for you. I have a Win 7 with an OEM key. I want to update to Win 10. I heard from Win 8 and up the OEM keys get somehow bound to the motheboard, which I intend to replace soon, but after getting Win 10. What happens if I replace the mobo? Will I lose the key and have to get a new one?
>>
>>55203381
>but after getting Win 10. What happens if I replace the mobo?
Same, any Windows 10 that was aquired through this "free" "upgrade" is tied to the MB.
>>
>>55203381
Why are you running windows 'on the metal' if you don't have money?
>>
File: 1464623794586.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464623794586.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
>>55203381
>I want to update to Win 10
get out faggot
>>
>>55203381

a proper windows 7 pro key is like 18 eurobucks
>>
>>55203381
I swapped my mobo while on a legit version of 8.1 and it didn't give me much trouble. You've just got to call the support and the robot will give you a key to activate it.
>>
>>55203381
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55203436
This, The W10 'free' upgrade is hardware locked. Any changes will invalidate the key.
>>
>>55208355
proper win 10 key can also be found for the same price
>>
my windows 10 education with kmsautos crack doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55203381
You don't ' lose' the key, you'll still be able to install Windows 7 using it. You will not be able to install Windows 10 using it, however.
>>
>>55203436
>>55208588
The digital entitlement is locked to the mobo only.

I have recently replaced a HDD and when i installed win10 again it was automatically activated.

You can probably replace other HW to just not the mobo itself.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.