[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello fellow Anons I've finally come to the obvious realization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 300px-Gnuandtux.jpg (28 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
300px-Gnuandtux.jpg
28 KB, 300x210
Hello fellow Anons I've finally come to the obvious realization that Windows is a shit OS mostly because I hardly game anymore.

I've been reading through the wiki and it's been very entertaining reading about how the creation of GNU/Linux emerged from a myriad of flamebaiting personalities like many of the voices on this board. Are there any good documentaries on the boisterous personalities or development of GNU/Linux?

Also I am trying to figure out which distribution to choose for my OS. I don't really game anymore and mostly just plan to code in C++(to contribute to open source projects) and also to troll across the net. Are distributions fundamentally different at a core level or do they just have different packages of software included because that seems like the only differences at the surface.
>>
>>55201066
>Are there any good documentaries on the boisterous personalities or development of GNU/Linux?
Revolution OS
>>
>>55201066
>Are distributions fundamentally different at a core level or do they just have different packages of software included because that seems like the only differences at the surface.
Most of them are the same/similar at the core (GNU+Linux) but have a different set of default packages, different package managers, different repositories and other stuff
>>
>>55201066
I saw >>55201087 a couple of years ago. Naturally I had no idea what I was watching, but it introduced me to the free and open source software movement. Definitely worth a watch
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.