[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone give me an idea of relative performance of RX 480
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: spoopy.png (258 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.png
258 KB, 421x500
Can someone give me an idea of relative performance of RX 480 vs 780 Ti? I have the option to buy another 780 Ti SLI for $200 or I can just buy a RX480 and then crossfire that or even just sell it for the 490 later on.

Thanks /g/ents!
>>
As of now the RX 480 performance is between the 390X and the 980, since they are around 10% to 20% better then a 780ti, one can conclude the RX 480 performs around 15% better than a 780ti
>>
>>55198540
780ti ~= 970

480 = 970-980 level, matching close to 1070 with OC in DX12.
>>
>>55198828
>>55198916
Thanks for the input guys, even if its just napkin math I do appreciate it.

Perhaps I'll just the RX 480 instead of another 780 Ti. Not to mention the power consumption and heat differences alone...
>>
>>55198540
worst case its at around a 390x and best case its just touching a 1070... wide fucking range of shit, but it will have 8gb of ram and you will see games use more than 3gb of ram regularly from now on.
>>
>>55200248
Is it worth buying the reference card or will I have to wait for aftermarket 480X's?

Fuck I just want to buy a 390X
>>
>>55200663
Would you rather masturbate now or wait a week and get a blowjob from the girl of your dreams?

Wait for the 480. Also reference cooler is apparently pretty good, but custom PCBs are worth the wait.
>>
>>55200663
don't know supply, how good the coolers are, how fast it is at stock... literally can't tell you shit... however

stock cooler is apparently able to keep it under 72c at load and be quiet and the cooler is shit.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.