[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard is to code software that a minor bug will mean millions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1463972968404.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1463972968404.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
How hard is to code software that a minor bug will mean millions of lost money and possibelly dead people?
>>
>>55198322
that's why you test things in a closed environment before deploying it for real use
>>
>>55198322
pretty easy senpai tbqh
>>
>>55198322
Stupid question, just test the shit out of it, and if it's something that complex like you probably have a very long time to work with it. You may even have years to work out all the bugs. (Like the F-35 for example.)
>>
>>55198322
More effort, not hard work though

mainly it's writing a bunch of conditionals and having checks and shit in place. Depends on the language in question - you can totally write things with C# safer and easier than C\C++.

But i mean you can have safety in C\C++ if you're not an idiot, use modern code, and have your checks and conditions in place

The biggest reason those bugs happen is lack of foresight.

>Well this is how you get it to work
>done

>what if <thing happens>?
>Oh don't worry it won't
>So the code's protected from it?
>no that will never happen so...
><thing happens>
>fuck

There's a lot of "Okay it works" out there, depending on the software, you may find hacking is possible by just doing random testing behavioral things.

>what happens if you put a SQL Wildcard here
>ohshitnigger.jpg

Or something.

Not to mention, things like that have must be in compliance with authorities on security for your field.

Like PCI-DSS for Money shit, IDK if health has one, i never worked in that field.
>>
Buy Ethereum
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.