[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smartphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: LG G5.jpg (82 KB, 940x620) Image search: [Google]
LG G5.jpg
82 KB, 940x620
What do we think LG will do to improve the almost perfect LG G5? Bigger battery is my guess. I'm just wondering why all of you haven't bought it yet.
>>
Because I like my V10 a lot.
>>
Because my G4 bootloops.
>>
>>55181212
>OP3 has shit battery for $400
>LG G5 has less battery for $520
>>
>>55181212
I'm honestly ok with battery since I can replace in 5 minutes in a year and get the same battery life for a whole nother year.
>>
>>55181212
I'm poor, still using the LG g2, double tap should be a must in all phones
>>
New design
>>
Screen that isn't 50% dimmer than the GS7
>>
This is now the new /spg/ thread
>>
Because I don't buy every new gadget that comes out
>>
Every phone lg has released since the g2 has sequentially gotten worse. It's really an impressive feat.
>>
Is the G5 a good phone? I torn between the G5, htc m9, and Galaxy s6
What do
>>
My g3 Is still bumpin
>>
>>55183776

HTC 10 or the OP3 look to be the phones to get.
>>
>>55183727
What's wrong with the V10 compared to the 3?
>>
>>55183833

Nothing wrong with the V10 it's a superb device. The G4 is nice too but the bootloop issue and being on the 808/810 line that sucked balls.
>>
File: lg-g4.jpg (61 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
lg-g4.jpg
61 KB, 770x433
>>55183727

As a previous owner of 3 Sprint G2 phones I do love it, I miss having it (had some nice cases for it, etc) and CloudyG2 was fucking awesome on it.

But the G4 just changed things for me, I skipped over the G3 because of the well known battery issues (blame LG for rushing it to market before optimizing it for that damned QHD screen) and went to the G4 and it is the best smartphone I've ever had the pleasure to use to this day.

I'm part of the Samsung Insights research program and I just got the S7 last week free for 6 months (then it becomes mine). I'll use it because that's what's required but honestly I find the G4 to be superior in every respect even in spite of it being a year older than the S7.

I don't find the G5 appealing at all on any level whatsoever so, I plan to keep my G4 as long as it'll continue working which is years to come hopefully.
>>
>>55181212
Had a G4, but love my G5.
Would love an actual metal chassis, even at the expense of antenna lines.
Brighter screen.
Stock Android.
Front firing speakers.
Could design the back to not look so awkward.
Move volume buttons to back again like the G4's.
Wireless charging.

Isn't perfect by any means, but I love mine.

>>55182796
>Can get spare batteries for $19 a pop, or $45 for three.
https://www.amazon.com/LG-G5-Battery-Replacement-18-Month/dp/B01EXZRD2K
>>
>>55183883
I have a G4 and my GF has a G3.
She regularly gets about 3.5-4 hours of SOT, I get maybe 2 on a good day if the GPS and location doesn't decide to shit itself.
>>
>>55183852

My G4 is an original first production run model, been doing all sorts of stuff with it since I got it last May (2015) and while I do wonder if this particular one will suffer that bootloop issue at some point so far it hasn't thankfully.

Love this phone, it's is pretty much perfect for me in every single respect, got a few spare batteries for it, 4 leather back covers (I tend to use the yellow one most of the time), accessories, docking cradle, 200GB microSD card in it loaded with music (Opus, bitches) and movies (h.265 encodes that play just fine with MX Player and HW+).

Got no issues with it at all.
>>
>>55183891
>have to turn the phone off to get battery life
literally makes the powerbank argument for the OP3 viable
>>
>>55183925
I'd rather shut my phone off for 2 minutes to go instantly back to 100% than pray that the extra 300 mAh lasts me several extra hours of heavy usage, like a road trip or long day out.
>>
What's the best phone for around $200-300 US?

The Nexus 5x at $200? Something like an LG G4?
>>
>>55181862
Same famo
>>
>>55183993

I really wish people would get off the "what's the best <whatever>..." because there really isn't such a device in most any category. All you can do is find the best device FOR YOU (yes god dammit, meme time).

I wouldn't buy a Nexus 5x myself, I'd get another G4 if I had to get a phone for $200-300 at this point but that's just me. Looks like the OnePlus 3 is going to have issues, a lot of reviewers are really hating that OLED panel it has, and I mean A LOT of them.

But anyway, go try out some phones in your price range then pick the one that has the most pros for you and the least amount of cons, but seriously stop asking other people what's best for you because only you can figure that out.

>best smartphone
>no such thing has, can, or will ever exist
>>
File: 1441374303291.jpg (56 KB, 408x604) Image search: [Google]
1441374303291.jpg
56 KB, 408x604
>>55184033

There may not be a "best" smartphone or whatever, but there are definitely some phones that are objectively better at certain pricepoints.

Silly thing to get autismed over.
>>
>>55183993
The G4 is like Lieutenant Dan, a good phone crippled by potential for bootloop, some battery issues, potential for heating up, and it's only got 2 unlocked variants I believe.

Such a good phone ruined by issues.
>>
>>55184077
Never had any of these "issues". Thing only gets hot if i leave the camera open but accident.
>>
File: 1458093697076.jpg (10 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
1458093697076.jpg
10 KB, 248x203
>>55184142
Well, from my experience I've had a pretty lousy battery on it, barely 2h SOT doing nothing but SMS, location, and maybe using clover. With greenify and everything, but my model can't be unlocked so I can't compare to any ROMS.
>>
Guys I'm a poor college student and my phone is dying. Is it fine to buy used phones on eBay? I don't like the idea of buying used tech but I also can't afford new stuff. Pls help.
>>
>>55182889
>and get the same battery life for a whole nother year.
Good for you.
You're stuck with that piece of shit "for a whoel nother year".
>>
>>55183776
>I torn between the G5, htc m9, and Galaxy s6
>What do
The last generation of phones were pretty much all duds (g5 isn't last gen but it's stupid).
Htc 9 was a joke, the s6 was still mostly retarded.
The htc 10 is better, but no one trust them after the 9. S7 is miles better than the s6, and is getting people who would otherwise avoid samshit altogether because of their usual retardation to at least give it a look.

I suggest going back to the drawing board and re-asses your options.
>>
Is there any /fa/ smartphone that isnt the iPhone?
>>
I have a Smartphone related question.
I'm currently in Korea and im considering picking up a galaxy s7 since it's half price compared to in Sweden. They dell both korean and international versions.
Does anyone know if it's possible to flash it with swedish firmware? I know the korean software has a lot of blotware and weirdness.
Sorry if this is a dumb question but i dont know a ton about flashing.
>>
>>55184329
Yes just buy refurb from reputable sellers that have return policies.
>>
>>55181212
Better design maybe? It's so ugly.
>>
>>55184386
The samsung edge phones look nice, but I wouldn't necessarily called them effay.
Slim picking really.
I'd say the xperia x's are getting there, but since they're steaming piles of shit you might as well just go iphone.
>>
>>55184414
>might as well just go iphone.
And at that the SE model only, because swollen chink-market driven phones are for dweebs and azns.

This is purely for /fa/g considerations of course, as here really isn't the place for asking about that.
>>
>>55181212
I went from a Nexus 5 to a G4, and I love it. I didn't plan to upgrade so quickly, do im sticking with it until it dies. Hopefully, that lasts until a G7.
>>
>>55184393
I'm seeing a lot of lg g3s snd galaxy s4s. What would you recommend? Doesn't need to be either of those, I just want the best gsm unlocked bang for my buck.
>>
moto x pure edition? Is it really all that? anybody have it?
>>
>>55184735
Heard it was ok, but I'm a little iffy on it myself because I keep hearing the post-Lenovo support is horrid if you get a dud or something. Tempted to buy one for the easy unlock though, but also wish it was 5.5".
>>
>>55183891
Why don't you get a Hyperion/Anker/Mugen battery which isn't as heavy and bluky as zerolemon but still twice as big as the standard one.
>>
>>55185550
Because as far as I'm aware, they have batteries for the G4, but not for the G5 yet.
>>
>>55185611
Oh.
Well it's early a early bird shitpost, sry.
>>
>>55184387
Bamp, does anyone have any idea? :)
>>
Why is there no smartphone General?
>>
File: Google-Nexus-6P.jpg (194 KB, 1000x1300) Image search: [Google]
Google-Nexus-6P.jpg
194 KB, 1000x1300
What does /g/ think of the Nexus 6P? Trying to replace my OPO, the OP3 doesn't look too promising
>>
>>55186509
Huge, but a solid upper-midrange phone. Competes more with the likes of the S6 and G4 rather than today's S7 and G5, but is still fully capable.
It's starting to show its age, but they should be announcing the next Nexus phones relatively soon.
>>
>>55186509
Huge runs hot battery is shit & and it's kind of outdated now.
The missing microSD slot is countering to the android philosophy imo.
>>
>>55186687
I don't mind the size (it's about the same as OPO) and I'm looking for more of a S6 tier phone in $400 price range so 6P sounds like a good fit
>>55186732
I'd heard good things about the battery. Have you had bad experiences with it?
>>
>>55184387
Buy the international version
>>
>>55186767
It has the worst sot of all flagships except the op3.
>>
>>55186316
No point having one right now, too many oneplus shills on the board.
>>
>>55186509
Got one a week ago. Love it. Came from an s5.

Battery lasts quite awhile, camera is alright, speakers are nice, screen is great. I have no complaints, haven't had any issues with any applications, everything i run send to be snappy.

Would definitely recommend.
>>
>Tfw my Oneplus One is still running like new thanks to custom ROMs and I'm having a hard time justifying an upgrade outside of just wanting a new shiny piece of tech, the only problem is that the battery is starting to deteriorate

Why is Oneplus, and Google I guess, the only companies that doesn't actively try to fuck over developers? The Oneplus 3 will probably last even longer than the OPO thanks to the custom ROM support.
>>
>>55187114
Wait for Oukitel's k6000 premium. 6gb ram helio x20 (2x2.5ghz, 4x2ghx, 4x1,5ghz) fullHD amoled microSD and 6000mAh battery to get you through two days.
>>
>>55187192
>>55187114
To elaborate on the software part: the community tried to gobble together cyanogenmod for the k6k pro and it was buggy so Oukitel made a working version.
>>
>>55187114
Same situation here (I'm >>55186509 ). Had OPO since release and was finally forced to replace the battery last week. New battery isn't much of an improvement, was looking at 6P because of its battery life. Honestly though I'm satisfied with the stats of the OPO and have trouble justifying an upgrade
>>
File: redmi.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
redmi.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
I wanna buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. Is it as good as it seems for the price? Any Anon owning it would like to share his or her thoughts?

Also is it normal for chinkphones to have 1 year warranty? Is it something I should be wary of?
>>
>>55187473

>>55187473

>>55187473
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.