[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are you gonna be when proprietary cars become a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (33 KB, 540x350) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
33 KB, 540x350
Where are you gonna be when proprietary cars become a thing?

>http://www.wired.com/2015/04/dmca-ownership-john-deere/
>>
you couldnt leave a normal url and instead used
>meme arrows

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/dmca-ownership-john-deere/
>>
>>55178023
they alread are fag since 2006
>>
but they were proprietary from the beggining anon
>>
>>55178023
Continue my life like nothing happened because I don't have a car or license?
>>
File: serveimage.png (57 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
57 KB, 1600x960
>destroy the idea of ownership
>>
>>55178154
manchild
>>
>>55178239
Why should I spend like 1000 bucks getting a drivers license, even more getting a car, then spend an traditional 6000 bucks or so a year for a thing I don't really need since I live in the city and both my work and apartment live within a comfortable walking distance of the subway.
>>
>>55178154

Can you honestly say you could live your entire life without buying a car? This is a problem that will likely persist in the future.
>>
>>55178330
>1000 bucks getting a drivers license
where do you live, it cost me $20
>>
>>55178343
Probably. I don't live in America. We have pretty good infrastructure where I live.

>>55178365
Sweden. I think that is roughly the average people spend. We are pretty serious about our drivers licenses here and it takes a fuck load of effort and money to get one.

Which is fine by me since we have some of the safest roads because of it.
>>
>>55178154
>Continue my life like nothing happened because I don't have a car or license?

Yet you put blind on your windows.
>>
>>55178365
In some countries you actually have to take driving classes. My license cost around $1500.
>>
>>55178441
>lives in a country the size of a small US State >thinks their government funding is the marvel of the world

must be European
>>
>>55178513
What's that now?

>>55178531
What. I didn't say anything like that. Just that America is quite famous(largely in part of it being fucking huge as all fuck) for having justifiably bad public transport infrastructure in a lot of places and a car is usually a lot more needed there, and, since I live in the capital where we have the best public transport infrastructure in the Sweden, where roads are tiny, gas is expensive, and tolls are everywhere, and subways and busses are plenty. I think I could probably do fine without ever getting a license.
>>
>>55178441

Ok fair enough. But in general the type of thinking described by John Deere in the article is bad. If the idea of ownership can be distorted for cars it could also spread to other items and products that rely on computer code. This could still effect you in Sweden because I am guessing that there are still a lot of American products that you use.
>>
>>55178760
Oh definitely. I'm all against this shit don't get me wrong. Just, the car bit wouldn't affect me at all.
>>
>>55178023
>>55178225
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2011/12/four-futures/

Hierarchy and Abundance: Rentism

>The embryonic form of class power in a post-scarcity economy can be found in our systems of intellectual property law. While contemporary defenders of intellectual property like to speak of it as though it is broadly analogous to other kinds of property, it is actually based on a quite different principle. As the economists Michele Boldrin and David K. Levine observe, IP rights go beyond the traditional conception of property. They do not merely ensure “your right to control your copy of your idea”, in the way that they protect my right to control my shoes or my house. Rather, they give rights-holders the ability to tell others how to use copies of an idea that they ‘own’. As Boldrin and Levine say, “This is not a right ordinarily or automatically granted to the owners of other types of property. If I produce a cup of coffee, I have the right to choose whether or not to sell it to you or drink it myself. But my property right is not an automatic right both to sell you the cup of coffee and to tell you how to drink it.”

[...]

>Suppose, for example, that all production is by means of Star Trek’s replicator. In order to make money from selling replicated items, people must somehow be prevented from just making whatever they want for free, and this is the function of intellectual property. A replicator is only available from a company that licenses you the right to use one, since anyone who tried to give you a replicator or make one with their own replicator would be violating the terms of their license. What’s more, every time you make something with the replicator, you must pay a licensing fee to whoever owns the rights to that particular thing. In this world, if Star Trek’s Captain Jean-Luc Picard wanted to replicate his beloved “tea, Earl Grey, hot”, he would have to pay the company that has copyrighted the replicator pattern for hot Earl Grey tea.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.