[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw neighbors unsecure wifi is no longer unsecure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1466378910594.png (2 MB, 1085x907) Image search: [Google]
1466378910594.png
2 MB, 1085x907
>tfw neighbors unsecure wifi is no longer unsecure
>>
>Get a unlimited high speed lte plan from boost for $55/month
>get a vpn
>enable vpn on your phone
>use pdanet to give your computer unlimited internets
>charge your phone at the same time
You win every time!
>>
>>55174253
>TFW you were too stupid to change their router control panel password while you still had the chance so this couldn't happen.
You made your bed, now lay in it.
>>
pay for your own line maybe?
>>
If you are in a nice place unlimited LTE plans are getting cheaper.
>>
>>55174253
Did you scan it with wash? If its using wps1.0 you can still crack it.

Also generate a list of phone numbers in your area code. Techs love to use phone numbers when they setup wifi for people. Makes it easy on tech support when they forget it.
>>
File: ramsay_boiling_point.jpg (14 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
ramsay_boiling_point.jpg
14 KB, 252x200
>>55174253
>Kitchen Nightmares US
>>
>>55174310
but they can simply hard reset?
>>
>>55174683
this
>>
File: tumblr_o74gzoiTuu1v40g1bo1_540.webm (689 KB, 508x288) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o74gzoiTuu1v40g1bo1_540.webm
689 KB, 508x288
>>55174511
I'm not sure if it's embarrassing to admit this but recently I cancelled my comcast subscription and live off mobile data alone now with pdanet. At first I just did it as a joke to myself to see how bad it would be to live with only mobile data but then I realized it's not bad at all, at least where I live. Currently pay $60 for unlimited lte and speeds stay between 8-20 mbps and ping between 30-60ms.

If mobile carriers start offering unlimited high speed hotspot for carriers wired ISPs are finished and bankrupt.
>>
>>55174301

Except when they realize it never leaves your home, never makes calls, and never texts. Beyond that, $55 is much more than I pay for home internet. On top of that, you'll never get constant speeds. Netflix will look good one minute and terrible the next.
>>
>>55174774
>If mobile carriers start offering unlimited high speed hotspot for carriers wired ISPs are finished and bankrupt.
Google Fi
>>
>>55174803
Carriers often have a public or hidden data only plan. At some point, Verizon had a hidden data plan you could ask for.
>>
>>55174803
>Except when they realize it never leaves your home, never makes calls, and never texts.
The VPN hides your activities and all your carrier can see is encrypted packets. Because they cannot prove you are breaking ToS then they are legally obligated to provide you with their service as long as you pay them the monthly fee. There is not ToS on any carrier that you must leave your parent's basement or they'll shut down your service.

>Beyond that, $55 is much more than I pay for home internet.
Okay well it's still cheaper than phone + home internet.

>On top of that, you'll never get constant speeds. Netflix will look good one minute and terrible the next.
Actually you will. Sprint networks have improved recently and I get 8mbps most of the time. Never had netflix or youtube buffer on me.
>>
>>55174633
Hearing the stock 'plate put on table' sound they edit in right now.

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY DO THAT? AND WHY AM I SO MAD ABOUT IT?
>>
>>55174817
>Google Fi
I don't think you understand what "unlimited high speed hotspot" means. Google Fi wants $10/1GB of mobile data. I used about 100GB of data through pdanet last month and jewgle would have charged me $1,000 for all that data + $20. Only paid $55 with boost for that.
>>
>>55174939
This one? https://youtu.be/SFtLvkqHIds
>>
>>55174957
>Project Fi automatically connects you to more than a million free, open Wi-Fi hotspots we've verified as fast and reliable. This technology helps keep your speed high and your data bill low—whenever you're on Wi-Fi, you're not charged for data usage.
>>
>>55175047
Okay well you don't need $1,000/month project fi to do that lmao.
>>
>>55174987
No, they literally play a stock sound effect of a plate being put on a table when a plate is being put down on a table. That's instead of the actual sound of the plate since mic probably can't pick it up

It just boggles my mind why they'd do that
>>
>>55174301
What VPN provider do you use, I would have to consider that to the cost as well because I don't already use one.
>>
File: Sad-Cat-Middle-Finger-05.png (66 KB, 247x200) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Cat-Middle-Finger-05.png
66 KB, 247x200
>>55174253
>tfw you are more insecure than the wifi
>>
>>55175157
PIA, $40 a year.
>>
>>55174774
In my area that would only be saving you like $20, and your speeds are way slower which is not worth it unless I haul the hotspot phone other places/also use it as my main phone to save dosh.
>>
File: yeah.jpg (6 KB, 235x210) Image search: [Google]
yeah.jpg
6 KB, 235x210
>>55174310
I have a story anon that is semi-related!

>neighbor unsecure wifi
>login to router
>change ssid to "FUCK NIGGERS"
>no more free wifi
>>
>>55174683
which is why you lookup router user manuals. almost every router has a standard pass, except if one is generated for each router
>>
None of my neighbors have open WLAN/Wi-Fi because all ISPs ship only secured shit in my country.
>>
>>55174253
delete the router pass file
>>
>>55175396
Jesus...
>>
>>55175441
similar thing happened here with one of ISP's but WPS pin was always 12345678
>>
>>55174774

I'm grandfathered into such a plan.

£30 p/m
7000 minutes
2000 sms
Unlimited data
Unlimited tethering
>>
>>55174253
>>55174310
Reminder that you are assholes if you do that.
>>
Speaking of mobile tether, I tried to do it with my Galaxy S6 Sprint Edition (both wired and WiFi) and sprint just wouldn't allow it, it just wouldn't work. It also blocked installing the most popular tethering applications and the GS6 doesn't have cyanogenmod available.

Has anyone else gotten it working on the S6?
>>
10$/month
unlimited LTE
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.