[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
xpost from 8ch: I'm in the D.C. area and I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: cyber.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cyber.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
xpost from 8ch:

I'm in the D.C. area and I've been attending open-to-public-attendance think tank events regarding the endless problems the Feds have regarding recruiting techies and hackers worth a damn.

1) My primary message has been to push policymakers to do something about the fucking idiocy from the FBI. Raiding a security researcher under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act for Anonymous FBI access? Or arresting Weev and throwing him in solitary for several years for felony hacking because he had the audacity to increment the userID in a URL within a loop and downloading the result with curl. And this doesn't even touch on the Aaron Swartz case.

So from you fagots, I need more examples of cases where Feds had a grossly disproportionate response to hacking or had prosecuted people for non-hacking activities while calling it hacking.

2) I'm thinking of advising them to recruit in places outside of just college campuses, hacker conventions, and Silicon Valley. I fucking despise the notion of gov hackers being filled with SJWs because those hackers will inevitably work their way into regulatory, policy advisory, or policymaking positions. So I'm thinking of telling them to recruit at all kinds of nerd conventions such as Sci-Fi, Comic Book, Vidya, Wargaming, and Furry (yes, even those autists have talent in them. Fucking call themselves "cryptografurs").

Any feedback on that? I'm not 100% sold on pushing them to look to recruit at various nerd conventions. Current state is the Feds mixing good talent with skiddies and it's having perverse policy repercussions.
>>
Do your own research for your marketing presentations.

Or:

Fuck you pay me.
>>
File: 4L_sX8ZRsaP.png (197 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
4L_sX8ZRsaP.png
197 KB, 450x338
>>55166021
Fuck off pig we hack for freedom!!
>>
>>55166021
>Or arresting Weev and throwing him in solitary for several years for felony hacking because he had the audacity to increment the userID in a URL within a loop and downloading the result with curl.

Weev went full neckbeard on Reddit during his trial.

Fucking idiot. I'm shocked that his attorneys didn't quit.
>>
>>55166281
>Weev
He's a retarded toxic asshole.
But not even he deserves CFAA fishing expeditions for that.
>>
>>55166021
>open-to-public-attendance think tank events
More like "pseudo-intellectual circlejerks"
>>
>>55166021
>And this doesn't even touch on the Aaron Swartz case.
greetings reddit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>55166544
Well it did come from 8gag
>>
>>55166544
>>55166669
That was a landmark technology case. Grow the fuck up kids.
>>
>>55166052

Fuck you too. I was under the impression people here didn't want to be under constant threat of an FBI raid for doing very basic technical work that FBI field offices don't understand.

>>55166383

Oh yeah, he's a fucking retarded person, but I'm looking purely at the tech side of things.

A for loop + curl + arithmetic against a public facing website got him several years in solitary. Obviously he wouldn't have been in solitary had he not gave the info to Wired,

>>55166529

You tell me. http://passcode.csmonitor.com/influencers

>>55166687

Exactly. Web scraping + changing your MAC address + making a new account on a website when your old one is banned isn't fucking hacking. Yet Stephen Heymann of the FBI tried to destroy Swartz over it.
>>
Fuck you and 8ch
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.