[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CPU packaging & shipping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Hello /g/, how do you usually protect a CPU when you have to ship it? I want to sell some of them, but I am afraid of damaging them during the shipping process.
Also, where can I find some of pic related?
>>
>>55162054
Put it in the same way as it was sent to you, if you still have the box.
>>
>>55162304
Unfortunately, I don't have any box. The CPUs are from laptops.
>>
foam backing for pins, then i put it in a hard cardboard sleeve before putting it in the padded envelope
>>
>>55162054
ebay nigga.
literally says 50pcs right there.

You can also order direct from China but really, who cares.
>>
>>55162342

Just throw it in a box. They're solid state, not vacuum tubes. Don't worry about them.
>>
>>55162402
>CPU
>Just throw it in a box
>While all the interface on one side gets rekt completely
>>
>>55162437

Intel CPUs don't use pins anymore. There's nothing to break.
>>
>>55162054
Put it in a sandwich bag, and cover it in bubblewrap.
>>
>>55162535
How do they interface with the motherboard then? Not implying anything, legit question, since every CPU I've seen so far is extremely fragile in the pins.
>>
>>55164405
the pins are on the mobo, not the cpu
>>
>>55162054
stick the side with pins into some anti-static foam and put it in a small anti-static bag, then surround it with bubble-wrap or foam, and put it in a small box. or use what you just posted if you have a shitload of CPU's.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.