[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible to keep kindle books on a sdcard in an android
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: internet 2.jpg (273 KB, 972x1076) Image search: [Google]
internet 2.jpg
273 KB, 972x1076
is it possible to keep kindle books on a sdcard in an android phone, assuming you're not just moving kindle to the sdcard (which isn't even possible now on android 6+)? i have a lot of books but it doesn't make sense to me that they have to be stored on the cellphone's storage. yet i see no option to keep the books on the sdcard

for some reason google only brings up cancerous results too, with either linking to the amazon android products or people with no idea how to operate a computer talking about their reading habits
>>
any reason why it has to be kindle?
>>
>>55161805
i bought ebooks from the amazon store and afaik you can only read them on kindle. is there a good pdf reader for android though?
>>
>>55161982
adobe reader
>>
>>55161982
>>55162017
i switched over to xodo after having some weird issues after an adobe reader update. it used to be really good though surprisingly.

moon+ if you just want epubs/mobis etc

mantano/bookari used to have great pdf rendering as well but it's a bloated piece of shit now.
>>
>>55161982
also, you might be able to strip the drm from your kindle files and just use them as epubs. see: dedrm calibre. not sure if it still works but last update was only 2 months ago.
>>
>>55162164
could i get my amazon account banned for doing this? god knows what kindle scans for once it's running in your computer
>>
>>55162332
instructions say you just have to copy the drm protected files to the calibre folder.

if you're really worried though
>install kindle
>find local files
>copy local files to temporary directory
>uninstall kindle
>install calibre
>set up dedrm
>proceed from there
>>
>>55162332
Then just don't use kindle. Not to sound elitist, but it really is absolute shit software unless you're buying the actual kindle device. Download all your books, remove the drm (which I believe can be done in batches, see other posts)
>>
>>55162629
maybe it's because i don't know better but i liked using kindle. i never had problems with it, besides being unable to move the books to the sdcard
>>
>>55162711
you could try going drm free for a few days to see how you like it.

however, if you do want to continue purchasing books from amazon i can see stripping drm out every time becoming a bit of a hassle.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.