[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/entlemen Earlier today I downloaded an iso that I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: H0xHaY5.png (834 KB, 719x960) Image search: [Google]
H0xHaY5.png
834 KB, 719x960
Hello /g/entlemen

Earlier today I downloaded an iso that I was going to dd onto a usb stick. I made a typo and dd'ed over my main hard drive.
>>
>>55147229
LMAO Stick to windows, junior
>>
i bought a set of ram for an older computer, and it turned out to be incompatible server ram, then i bought another set of ram and it turned out to be incompatible high density ram.
>>
How fast did you notice, and ^c process? Also, if you didn't at all, you only fucked up <size of iso from start of drive> (unless you was using seek, which I don't think you was).
Anyway, testdisk to the rescue.
>>
>>55147275
250GB SSD so it was over really quickly. The USB actually already had a slightly older Arch ISO burned on it, so it was quite a long time before I realised what was wrong... In fact it was when I was trying to reboot and ending up in live environment even though the USB wasn't in anymore. Yeh...
>>
>>55147275
Oh my /home was on a seperate drive, so I just went ahead and re-installed Arch. DESU I had set it up pretty badly, no disk encryption and I was using MBR even though I'm on a z190 motherboard with a skylake processor... So I re-installed with GPT and full disk encryption.
>>
>>55147351
gpt a shit
>>
>>55147456
troll a you
>>
>>55147487
you can't feel poettering's dick thrust deeply down your throat because you're so used to it
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.