[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When someone buys a new cell phone how do they know it hasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1466278059185764273700.jpg (3 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
1466278059185764273700.jpg
3 MB, 1836x3264
When someone buys a new cell phone how do they know it hasn't been tampered with?
>>
It's in the original packaging and you order directly from the manufacturer
>>
>>55143847
technically there's no such thing as a "brand new" phone. Every phone goes through the physical hands of some factory worker in China to check the quality of each device before putting it back onto a conveyor belt for machines to automate packaging.
>>
>>55144011
this.

i doubt that factory workers tamper with the devices, but if you want to be sure, get an android phone and flash a fresh copy of the os before using the device.

most bootloaders are locked, so the chances that someone tampered with the radio rom as opposed to the android rom are very slim.

but this is tinfoil territory.

if you do notice that someone messed with the device you got sealed in the original packaging, you could sue the manufacturer.
>>
>>55143976
Is there a security seal that has to be broken and is "impossible" to put back together or replicate?
>>
>>55144160
i don't know.. i'm not quite sure what you're asking.

It's pretty normal for Chinese boys to test the device (with gloves of course) - This is all part of the process/quality assurance.

When they put it back onto the belt, the machine then does the rest - place it in it's box, serial number sticker/print on box, plastic wrap around box... etc.

I think what OP is asking is if there's anyway to make sure the phone hasn't been messed around with AFTER it leaves the factory and BEFORE it gets sold from the supplier.

I've heard of stories where Chinese agents (as in online shop agents, not secret agents) would install malware/keyloggers on Android devices.
>>
>>55144065
What does it mean to flash a fresh copy of os and how is this done?
>>
>>55144272
http://lifehacker.com/how-to-flash-a-rom-to-your-android-phone-30885281

i would recommend using the latest rom provided by your manufacturer
>>
>>55143847
Your first problem is that is a remote control.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.