[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a raspberry set up with a 2tb harddrive with 800gb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Raspberry-768207[1].jpg (94 KB, 721x742) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry-768207[1].jpg
94 KB, 721x742
So I have a raspberry set up with a 2tb harddrive with 800gb of movies set up to stream to anywhere using sftp. And it works fine using VLC if VLC wan't complete shit. Is there some other media player that supports sftp? It needs to run on winshit because most people have winshit on their computer and I want to be able to go to a friends house and use his PC to stream my movies.
>>
What's a raspberry.
>>
>>55143506
>doesn't know what a raspberry pi is
get out you fucking normie plebbit scum
>>
>>55143506
What are you dumb?
He posted a picture of a raspberry right there.
>>
KODI or GTFO.
>>
>>55143596
I don't only use my pi as a media server
>>
allahu akbar
>>
Raspberry Pi i/o tops out at ~60mbps, it's shitty.

Get a NUC
>>
>>55143473
Uhh how does a fruit work with a 2tb hard drive?
>>
>>55143726
Most of my 1080p movies has a bitrate of ~4MB/sec that's 32Mb/sec which is about half of what the raspberry is capable of putting out so a raspberry is plenty for my intentions. And a NUC costs about $370. I could buy 10 raspberries for that...
>>
>>55143473
Just set up SAMBA
>>
>>55144060
I did that, but its too heavy for the raspberry pi 2 and I got a transfer speed of 1MB/sec tops. Samba along with the NTFS kills the pi.
>>
>>55144085
I have the exact same setup with a 3TB hard-drive and the RW speeds are normal
>>
>>55144122
What is up with these answers? I have no problem with the speed.

My problem is that VLC is shit and I can't find any other media player for windows that supports sftp.
>>
>>55144148
MPV
>>
>>55143473
>using sftp
Good man.

I use sshfs to mount the drive and play files with MPV.
>>
>>55143473
>and I want to be able to go to a friends house and use his PC to stream my movies
Do you hate security or something? Bring your Linux laptop if you want to stream shit.

If you're going to stream shit from anywhere like you want then just set up plain ftp.
>>
>>55144241
Sure, so that any mitm can see exactly what I am streaming and sue me. Great idea!

>>55144177
I just downloaded MPV, now how do I play from a network stream? I passed the sftp link as an argument in cmd but nothing happened.
>>
>>55144241
Also, the biggest problem is that since I dont want just anyone to have access to my files, I have a password, but if I use ftp, that password is also sent in plaintext and then I'm fucked.
>>
>>55143517
Doesn't explain what it and what it does tho.
>>
>>55144317
But you'll still type in your password on someone else's computer, which is WinShit, because that is safe or something.

Fuck logic!
>>
win-sshfs then any player will work.
>>
>>55144293
>I just downloaded MPV, now how do I play from a network stream? I passed the sftp link as an argument in cmd but nothing happened.
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-sshfs-to-mount-remote-file-systems-over-ssh
>>
>>55144350
It's hell of a lot better than just giving it away freely, the only way someone gets my password then is if my friend has a keylogger on his PC and I am just going to assume that he does not.
>>
>>55144366
>>55144351
Thanks
I will try that.
>>
File: g isnt always shit.jpg (276 KB, 1928x1080) Image search: [Google]
g isnt always shit.jpg
276 KB, 1928x1080
>>55144366
>>55144351
>>55144434

Awesome it werks!
Thank you!
>>
>>55144672
>dat freeze frame
>>
>>55144326
It's basically a pretty cheap small computer running a Linux variant that is pretty much perfect to hook up to your TV to make it "Smart".
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.