[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Language Next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: programmer.jpg (51 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
programmer.jpg
51 KB, 500x358
Here's the deal /g/, I know Html, CSS, JS, and enough PHP and SQL to be dangerous.

Those are all pretty much meme worthy and nothing to brag about.

Making websites has become increasingly boring so I'm ready to move on.

What should my next language be? What are good languages to learn?
>>
Grow up and learn C++
>>
>>55141717
C, Assembly, Common Lisp, Perl, Python, C++, Haskell, Ruby, Go
>>
>>55141717
Pascal
>>
What do you want to do?
>>
>>55141733
bump
>>
>>55141717
Swift. It's about your type :3
>>
Making websites only becomes boring when you lack ideas. The same goes for programs.
>>
>>55141717
C++
>>
>>55142114
Developing video games would be cool even though I believe that sort of thing is somewhat frowned upon in this community.
>>
>>55141717
>Here's the deal /g/, I know Html, CSS, JS, and enough PHP and SQL to be dangerous.
hahahahaha
haha

ahahhahahhh
>>
>>55142648
C++ and Lua for you then. Maybe C# too
>>
>>55142674
>Admitting those scripting languages are not real programming languages.

What's wrong with that?
>>
File: lost.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lost.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>55141717
Prolog
>>
>>55141717
Python is the only real longterm language to learn.
>>
>>55142377
Python
>>
>>55141717
INTERCAL, Tri-intecal, ADA, Malbolge
>>
>>55141717
Python3 and C++ (also Assembly Lang will help you to understand how computers work so maybe learn that too)

Once you learn those two you'll be done with languages and you'll be able to make whatever you can imagine.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.