[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pre built PC Help~
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Win10.jpg (5 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
Win10.jpg
5 KB, 250x140
Yes, I know I could build one myself and I have in the past, but I'm unable to this time due to family/time restraints.

What I'm looking for is a pre-built that will last me about 5-6 yrs. It will play anything on the market as of today, on ultra or higher.

I Don't need monitor or peripherals.

Budget of 4,000 USD
>>
>>55139976
>pre-built that will last me about 5-6 yrs
Not gonna happen OP, dont be a faggot and just do it.
>>
>prebuilt for 4000 dollarydoos
you're about to seriously waste some cash. Just build it yourself man, order everything online, make sure it arrives the same day, and put it together in maybe 2 hours. It's really not that much more time than it takes to set up a prebuilt anyway, you still have to install your programs/alternate OS/set up peripherals regardless.
>>
>>55140015
Mostly don't have the time to do research on new tech, i haven't been up to date since the 800-900 i7's came out, that's what Im worried will take the most time, learning what meshes with what.
>>
https://www.originpc.com/
>>
2 2k usd PCs 2.5 years apart would be better.
>>
>>55140061
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds
>>
>>55140069
yah i was thinking of this too, but since the new z170 came out i figured it be future proof for a few years.
>>
>>55139976 this is what Im leaning towards
https://build2.falcon-nw.com/Configurator/Configurator?s=1
>>
>>55139976
I'll be so blunt and just abuse this as a build thread.

I am wondering if it is worth paying 20 more bucks for the asus z170 pro gaming instead of getting the msi z170a sli plus.. any input?
>>
>>55140061
just put everything into pcpartpicker and it will show you any incompatible components, if it's really that hard to match up which socket to what. it won't catch 100% of clashes but if you're using fairly common components then you can be pretty sure that if pcpartpicker says it'll fit together then it probably will, it takes into account not just which components can fit together but also things like cpu cooler clearances for RAM, graphics card length for case (mine warned me that i'd have to remove the three removeable HDD trays for my graphics card, which was too long), stuff like that.

as for deciding on components there are sample builds for various price ranges all over the place, just start with one of those, pick a case you like, and swap anything out if you prfer (ie, add/remove storage etc). If you want it to be 5-6 years proof then get at least a 980 or 980ti and a i7 skylake cpu. and dont forget you can always swap stuff out later, but the motherboard is probably going to be in this computer til it dies, so pick a motherboard with loads of i/o and pcie slots.

it's really not difficult. even if you just dont have the time to choose stuff you can just google sample builds, or look at the ones on pcpartpicker, and just use that. you'll still save like 30% at least over buying a prebuilt, and you can be sure that all the components are exactly suited to your needs.
>>
>>55140144
asus is usually higher quality than msi but thats all
high quality is usually a marketing gimmick anyway
>>
>>55140178
you know i never had much of a problem with MSI components, they all seem perfectly fine in terms of quality and reliability, but the gaymurr red angled with dragons aesthetic really puts me off. I have a gigabyte gtx970 gpu which is still kind of gamer-esque with all the angles and fans and LED windforce logo but something about it just looks less like it's appealing to 12 year olds. Same with razer really, i never liked their logo or the constant RGB LEDs everywhere so i never bought anything from them.

I think EVGA have some of the nicest component designs, and their PSUs are rock solid. OP, I would recommend a EVGA Supernova PSU.
>>
>>55139976
>one hour or less
>time restraint
>>
>>55139976
>has time to play games
>doesn't have time to build
>family restraints
Nigga you lying out your ass.
>>
>>55140128
so fucking overpriced it should be illegal
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.