[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ my PSU just blew up anything I should do, aside from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1465491443861.jpg (105 KB, 537x717) Image search: [Google]
1465491443861.jpg
105 KB, 537x717
Hey /g/ my PSU just blew up

anything I should do, aside from never buy AMD again?

Also any chances of my components survivng?
>>
>>55130880
Put a new psu in the device and see if it boots.

OH SHIT WADDUP?
>>
>>55130880
maybe buy a quality psu instead of diablotek next time
>>
>>55130880
>amd
>psu

dumb frogposter
>>
>>55130935
I switched to AMD after using Nvidia for a few years because /g/ said they were the good guys

then my PSU asploded
>>
File: Computer_bomb.jpg (236 KB, 1006x850) Image search: [Google]
Computer_bomb.jpg
236 KB, 1006x850
>>55130880
>Hey /g/ my PSU just blew up
You've been hacked. Watch out for any shady characters if/when you leave the house.
>>
>>55130951

Correlation does not imply causation.
>>
>>55131004
>stable environment
>change one thing
>environment falls apart
Totally not that parts fault
>>
File: 1466180285687.jpg (188 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1466180285687.jpg
188 KB, 768x1024
Theres no big black spots on my mobo or anything, just saw a capacitor explosion inside the psu and killed the power instantly

Any chance of survival?
>>
computer illiterate dumb frog poster
>>
>>55131221
Your psu sucked.
>>
>>55130951

I changed my gpu and my psu blew up,

Yeah... You're an idiot. kys.
>>
>>55133077
>>55131004
>being this cucked by pajeet
>>
>>55133077
misspelled kiss buddy
>>
>>55130880
my psu blew up a number of years ago (took it to a shop as i have no diagnostic tools to find out what is wrong) the shop did good by me in prices for everything but the psu, they charged 100$ for something that was 20$, and the fucker blew up after i put an amd cpu in it that actually used less power than the nvidia i was using.

found out that the psu was being used at if not over 100% of the time because a good deal of where they got the 550 watts from was the 5 and 3 volt line.

as for if your shit works... honestly depends, when mine blew up everything lived, but the psu could take everything with it, i was lucky and my old power supply as shit as it was had protections built into it.
>>
post psu
>we want to laugh
>>
>>55130880
>Hey /g/ my PSU just blew up
From a prebuilt, came with a cheap case, or shitty off-brand? That's not me asking if, by the way, it's asking *which* it was.

>anything I should do
Get a good PSU this time.

>Also any chances of my components survivng?
With a good PSU, almost 100%, when one dies at all. In this case? You'll have to see what your spin of the cylinder gave you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.