[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /g/ hate on Android so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: android-wallpaper5_2560x1600_1.jpg (63 KB, 800x799) Image search: [Google]
android-wallpaper5_2560x1600_1.jpg
63 KB, 800x799
Why does /g/ hate on Android so much?
>>
>>55129175
virgins hate everything
>>
>>55129175
I dont
>>
>>55129175
/g/ loves F-Droid

iPlebs pretend to be the majority of /g/ so it may seem like /g/ hates Android.
>>
don't know, I fucking love it, but I'm the typical flamed guy by /g/, so I'm not so /g/.....
>>
I use android but Im not going to say I dont think about going back to an iPhone every once in a while. Hell, I even think about going back to WP sometimes.

Android gave to much power to OEMs. They do whatever they want with it and they always end up fucking it. UI looks very inconsistent, one is laggier than the other and you get no updates.

If everything was in the hand of one company only like WP with Microsft or iOS with apple it would probably be a lot better.

Dont get me wrong, android has a lot of positives but there is a lot of room for improvement.
>>
Google made 75 billion dollars in revenue last year by offering you free services.
Ever wonder why?
>>
>>55129175
I'm falling in love with the idea of android, but it's making google very annoying. i should not have to go to war with an AOSP ROM like it's windows 10. dig a bunker in Airplane Mode trying to disable all data minng features tucked away in system services, keyboard analytics and content mining, need to hack the calendar just to use it locally, hack the contacts just to get them to export when offline, etc.

it's reasonably private for a smartphone by now, and considering apple's soon-to-be-botched application of differential privacy to machine learning enhancements (introduce noise into bulk data collection), i'm glad i didn't buy an iphone
>>
File: abstract pepe.jpg (264 KB, 850x782) Image search: [Google]
abstract pepe.jpg
264 KB, 850x782
>>55129175
I don't hate Android. I hate certain carriers and manufacturers like AT&T and Samsung. AT&T takes so long to push out updates that I'll be using a new phone before my current one gets Marshmallow. Samsung ruins perfect hardware with touchjizz, carrier bloat, KNOX, locked down bootloaders, and piss poor documentation on their exynos processors (which is a damn shame because they're amazing).
>>
50% of the haters is epic troles samefagging
the other 50% is unrooted plebs with the stock rom full of bloatware and 99 system boosters
>>
Join the official cm android master race no lag and daily updates
>>
>>55129988
??
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.