[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ should I go back to Windows 7? Currently using Win10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Mars.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2400) Image search: [Google]
Mars.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2400
Hey /g/ should I go back to Windows 7? Currently using Win10 but I miss using the older version.
>>
>>55127580
Yes
>>
the proper suggestion, is that you use a proper, free Operating system.

Gnu/Linux is popular. You also could use a BSD, or something more exotic, but I would sugges you stick to one of those two.

Debian is really easy to setup and get used to, as are many other distros, if you are not used to the whole *NIX world.

Frankly, when I switched, it was easy as pie after a few weeks, you should give it a go.
>>
>>55127735
I rather not, I am used to the Windows environment. Plus there is software that I need to use, I don't wan't to dual boot since it doesn't make much sense.

Also another reason why I haven't switched is because my keyboard doesn't light up in Linux.
>>
>>55127689
Why should I?
>>
File: stallmanisnotamused.jpg (166 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
stallmanisnotamused.jpg
166 KB, 1600x1067
>>55128032
> I am used to the Windows environment
> Plus there is software that I need to use
invalid excuses, install gentoo you lazy nigger
>>
>>55127735
But what about my games?
>>
>>55128098
Stop that
>>55128072
Gentoo is a shitty meme
>>
>>55127735
Agreed. I made the switch from Windows 10 to Ubuntu GNOME, and I've never felt this free. Being able to customize and configure EVERYTHING to get a consistent UI is something you just can't do on Windows!
>>
>>55128032
>I rather not, I am used to the Windows environment.
there are many windowish environments on Linux, Lxde, Xfce, Cinnamon, KDE...
>Plus there is software that I need to use
Such as...
>I don't wan't to dual boot since it doesn't make much sense
No big deal, too lazy to pick an OS on boot?
>>
>>55129734

Photoshop
Steam (I know that it is compatible but most of my games aren't)
And a bunch of other things here and there.

Why would I use Linux when I can do everything that I want and need in Windows? And better!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.