[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My g500 of 6 years is finally starting to die, it keeps cutting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 81P85qqpkuL._SL1500_.jpg (263 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81P85qqpkuL._SL1500_.jpg
263 KB, 1500x1500
My g500 of 6 years is finally starting to die, it keeps cutting out for a second randomly. Is it time for a new mouse?

I don't know anything about what's good these days.

stuff I need

>scroll wheel click/infinite
>DPI setting
>1 or 2 programmable buttons
>heavier weight
>price

I don't really care about gaming branded stuff
What is a good mouse?
>>
Buy a deathadder with doubleclick problems from an idiot that has no idea how to do basic repairs and troubleahooting, and just solder a new button and there you have it.
>>
Check the wire before throwing it away. Damaged wires are piss-easy to fix.
>>
File: g500.jpg (3 MB, 4096x3072) Image search: [Google]
g500.jpg
3 MB, 4096x3072
If you can stand how it looks, then get the G502.
The shape is perfect for my fingers at the very least, and the extra buttons are the right size on the right location.
>>
>>55124513
I was thinking about it. But $80 for a mouse is a bit much. Waiting for an open box sale or something.
How is the G402?
>>
>>55124616
I'm not sure if it has the infinite scroll wheel, but I'm sure they feel the same when using it.
>>
G502 is pretty much the G500 except without the shitty sensor.
>>
>>55124117
why not buy another? you obviously are comfy with it.
>>
>>55124703
its starting to cut out randomly. Also I don't like the high pitched noise it makes, it makes it really hard to concentrate. I heard its common with g500

G500s looks nice though, not sure if it does make the high pitch noise
>>
>>55124703
Oh you meant, why not buy the same model again - It's too expensive, $120 because it's discontinued
>>
open it up and pull in the cord 1-2 CM and you're good.
>>
I feel you bro.

Years ago i ditched my Performance MX for a G400 and have not looked back since.

I hope it survives for a long time, because at the moment i only see shit on the market.
>>
>>55124117
Buy another G500 somewhere. It's the best mouse I've ever owned.
>>
File: 1464388651518.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
1464388651518.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
>>55124868
>>55124703
>just buy the same shitty mouse again
>even though there's a new model that's the same thing except without the terrible fisher-price sensor
>>
>>55124868
please jump from the nearest skyscraper
>>
If aftermarket mice are supposed to be 'better' how come the intellimouse I got for free 10+years ago still works perfectly?
>>
>>55124202
Wait, what?
>>
>>55125175
because intellimouse is based

>>55125208
deathadders are notorious for double-clicking. stay away from them.
>>
>>55124117
still using my 1.1se :3

i advice you to buy a intellimouse optical 1.1 (~$15) then to replace the click switchs with Omron D2F-01F switchs (Japan).

Other good mices are intelli explorer 3.0, qpad (optical, not laser), cooler master storm alcor (feels a lot like the intelliexplorer 3.0).

Care that all intellmouse explorer mices made after 2007 have chinese switchs, replace them with the omron ones.

Avoid razer and steelseries at any cost, those are expensive despite being garbage lowcost.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.