[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> search google for some tech problem solution > get sent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: c.jpg (65 KB, 634x424) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
65 KB, 634x424
> search google for some tech problem solution

> get sent to youtube

pajeet video

> shows the things, 3 minutes 19 seconds

american video

> 70 minutes, spend most of the time talking about how autistic he is and how much youtube is fucking him over
>>
>>55123834
I concur. I see this with so many fucking youtubers. If you're not talking about the problem in the first 5 second of the video, not showing the problem in the next 10 seconds, you're out.

People need to learn how to fucking video edit to be succinct
>>
>>55123834

t. pajeet
>>
don't forget to LIKE SUBSCRIBE AND SIGN UP TO MY PATREON
>>
Pajeet videos wouldn't be so bad if they didn't use a desk microphone they bought at Wal-Mart and speak with slow, suttered, horribly disorted English.
>>
>>55123927
I don't even mind that desu if it's short and succinct, it's these fucking retards that talk about pointless shit for 60 seconds between important points.

ALL tech help videos, whether it be computer science concepts, consumer hardware replacement, etc. are played, paused every 10 seconds, rewound, and analyzed step by step while a user does what the video does in real time.

There exists a special place in hell for people who place their camera on their setup/start up their desktop video capturing, fumble through the problem while making mistakes and talking about miscellaneous shit, then editing it 0% and just throwing the whole 25 minute cancer on YouTube. Fuck I'm triggered right now...
>>
>>55123981

>There exists a special place in hell for people who place their camera on their setup/start up their desktop video capturing, fumble through the problem while making mistakes and talking about miscellaneous shit, then editing it 0% and just throwing the whole 25 minute cancer on YouTube. Fuck I'm triggered right now...

Pretty sure hells not real bro
>>
>>55123834
>Googling tech problem
>Solutions are all videos
>well, guess that problem's not getting fixed

How is it fucking harder to type out a fucking solution rather than start fucking recording some bullshit? Don't make me sit through your stupid ass fumbling around on a computer for five minutes when you could type it up and I'd be done in thirty seconds
>>
>>55123834
>using YouTube as a source of information
Next time avoid videos.
>>
https://youtu.be/Rub-JsjMhWY

Probably one of the best tutorial videos I've ever seen.

This is what all tutorial or tech help videos should be like.
>>
>>55124814
And this is a probably pajeet unboxing video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1-yiMrUKGo

Much better than what unboxtherapy does. Just get to the Damn point youtubers. I don't want to look at your ultra high expression faces acting stupid while handling tech. Jesus.
>>
>>55124602
this

video is inherently inferior to text for almost all instructions, tutorials, and informational subjects, and I heartily resent how much stuff these days is youtube shit.
>>
>>55124814
Yeah Banas' videos are pretty good.
>>
File: 1455454239919.jpg (463 KB, 1000x1300) Image search: [Google]
1455454239919.jpg
463 KB, 1000x1300
>>55125186
>video is inherently inferior to text for almost all instructions, tutorials, and informational subjects
Except for anything to do with graphics, 3D modeling or putting something together.
Just imagine if you didn't see the insides of any computer and now you have to put one together using text instructions.
>>
>>55126908
>Just imagine if you didn't see the insides of any computer and now you have to put one together using text instructions.
I did that in 1999 using a printout of a text tutorial that had some pictures in it. I built a S370 P3 on an Abit motherboard.

Take your used-goods waifu and go away
>>
File: 1460000807449.jpg (61 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
1460000807449.jpg
61 KB, 480x479
>>55126939
I didn't ask what you did. The question was if it's better to watch somebody to put something together or if it's better to read about how something is put together.
>that had some pictures in it
I assume that one picture for every major step. Tell me again how is a video downgrade from picture instructions.
>>
>they type what they want to say in notepad
>takes forever to finish writing one step
>>
File: 1464960189997.gif (4 MB, 426x213) Image search: [Google]
1464960189997.gif
4 MB, 426x213
>>55127119
>types three characters
>fucks up and deletes it all
>types fifteen characters
>fucks up and deletes them all
>>
>>55125186
As much as I agree with you there are plenty of autists out there who can't follow typed out steps
>>
>>55127082
Because its easy to look at a page of text with some pictures and skim it until you find the exact information you need. It's inefficient to do this in a video. You have to listen to the sound, skip ahead, listen/watch until you can figure out if you've gotten to where you want, and then repeat if not.

Also videos these days are full of fluff and shilling (plenty of youtubers will go on for minutes about subscribing to their channel or giving them shit on pateron and other such garbage) With text it's easy to recognize that and scroll past it, or for an ad-blocker to remove it in some cases.

There's also the simple matter that most people can read faster than most people can talk. Text also works well even with next to zero bandwidth (on a mobile network, a congested public wi-fi hotspot, etc), and video does not.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.