[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Arch based distro and why? (Excluding standard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Manjaro-logo.svg.png (24 KB, 2000x2400) Image search: [Google]
Manjaro-logo.svg.png
24 KB, 2000x2400
What is the best Arch based distro and why? (Excluding standard Arch Linux)

My current choices are Manjaro, Antergos and Apricity OS.
>>
>>55111332
Whichever one has an OpenRC option
>>
Is manjaro even arch anymore
It is a really large difference between arch when you think about it.
>>
>>55111332
Antergos is best in my opinion.Really though,all distros are a roll of the dice depending on what you have for hardware and bios.Many people here spout shit about their favorites and fail to understand this simple fact.
>>
>>55111332
I'd go with Antergos, personally.
Manjaro is just too different from Arch to be considered "Arch based".
Apricity? Never heard of it.
>>
File: h8o9bCs.png (38 KB, 615x225) Image search: [Google]
h8o9bCs.png
38 KB, 615x225
>>55111332
>Manjaro
lol no
>Antergos
least shitty
>Apricity OS
meme OS

Why wouldn't you just use Architect? That way you can remain a normie but still use Arch, that's what you want right?
>>
>>55111332
>I want to use Arch
>but I don't want to use Arch
>please help
>>
Nice trick question OP, there is no best Arch based distro, because they're all shit.

Either install Arch or use any other mainline distro like Debian, Fedora, Slackware, etc.
>>
>>55111842
I've installed pure Arch plenty of times in the past. I just want to know what the best alternative is just out of curiosity.
>>
There isn't a best alternative.
>>
>>55111911
Literally what everyone who doesn't want the "hassle" of installing pure Arch says.
>>
>>55111664
>>55111720
What are the differences between Manjaro and Arch besides the former having delayed packages?
>>
>>55111332
Archbuntu
>>
>>55113517
Is that a real thing?
>>
>>55114726
I hope not
>>
>>55111332
Just suck it up and use Arch, you wimp.
>>
The maintainer for arch does not l8ke that people based distros on it and wants them all to be stopped so using them is a sign of disrepesct to him
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.