[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so firefox has just flat out removed the option to turn off sending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 12
File: health.png (59 KB, 961x796) Image search: [Google]
health.png
59 KB, 961x796
so firefox has just flat out removed the option to turn off sending them health reports?
>>
No, yours appears to be broken
>>
>>55109180
>not using firefox esr
>>
would help if you mentioned the version you're using

i'm on v47 stable and it's still there for me
>>
File: cnt.gif (706 KB, 245x212) Image search: [Google]
cnt.gif
706 KB, 245x212
>>55109180
>using Furrycux
>current year

TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
but the only alternative is google chromium
>>
Does anyone have any valid defenses for Mozilla sending your browsing history to 3rd-parties so that they can serve you recommended New Tab Page tiles?

Nothing I've read on Mozilla's sites has explained to me how doing that, even supposedly anonymously, is not a violation of my privacy.

I wouldn't mind this shit if it was opt-in, but shit like Health Report and the Tile recommendations make me feel really uneasy.

Same with integrating shit like Pocket and Hello, which use 3rd-party servers.

Someone defend Mozilla for me.
>>
File: Untitled.png (61 KB, 664x335) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
61 KB, 664x335
Fuck modern Firefox. I'm still using the last good version. Noscript, Flash disabled, ABP, useragent spoofing, etc. Should be safe.
>>
>>55109672
Retard. Use Pale Meme if you really must have Firefox 24. It's literally that plus security updates.
>>
Obtain source, remove cruft, fucking compile it yourself. You guys are always bitching about open sores.
>>
>>55109180
They didn't, werks for me.

>>55109314
>sending your browsing history to 3rd-parties so that they can serve you recommended New Tab Page tiles?
Pretty sure you can turn off suggested sites, but I've turned off their new tab page altogether so can't be bothered to check. It was certainly possible in the past.
>>
File: icecat.png (177 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
icecat.png
177 KB, 650x650
Just use GNU icecat lol
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/IceCat
>>
They removed opening links in private browsing from other apps months ago on Nighty.
>>
>using mozzarella cucksfire
>2016

Ayy lmao
>>
File: firefox.png (102 KB, 1079x980) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
102 KB, 1079x980
Mine still works.
>>
File: 1442277093472.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1442277093472.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
>>55113240
>>
>>55110889
I use this, but always have to disable SSL to use DL sites since they never meet Icecat's security standards.

Also, have a lot of trouble buying shit online. Other than that though it works great, much faster than firefox.
>>
Latest FF also removed the checkbox that made all tabs load in the background.

In my world it never makes sense to only load when the tab is being selected, no matter how slow the machine is.
If I restart the browser, all fucking tabs should be loaded for fucks sake. I would even wait 5 minutes for it to react after locking up, the fucking tabs need to be loaded. FUCK. It really makes me mad because I often restart the browser and restore the tabs.

Will switch to some noncucked fork asap.

And idgaf about the about:config page and this setting, I'm just seriously fed up with this.

It was so good and with each update more fuckery gets introduced.
Some nice neat new features got added, yes, but like 80% of them were like total bullshit or just minor tiny good stuff that didn't really matter, whereas the bad changes are always a pain in the ass.
>>
File: Untitled.png (142 KB, 1071x909) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
142 KB, 1071x909
>>55109180
It works for me.
>>
>>55113593
Of course, it's enough the one your OS is sending..
>>
File: aurism speaks.png (3 KB, 284x115) Image search: [Google]
aurism speaks.png
3 KB, 284x115
>>55114544
>>
Is there any way I can use iceweasel on windows?
>>
File: firefox_2016-06-16_16-52-42.png (279 KB, 874x816) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-06-16_16-52-42.png
279 KB, 874x816
>>55109180
Works for me
>>
>>55114618
>lololol I trol you Xd
fuck off, you're making an ape outta yourself. it's obvious you are bad with aesthetics and you do not even know why I know that you monkey.
>>
>go to check settings
>it's all there still
>but greyed out
>tfw can't stop the botnet

SAVE YOURSELVES
>>
File: cropped-aut-header-hands.jpg (56 KB, 940x272) Image search: [Google]
cropped-aut-header-hands.jpg
56 KB, 940x272
>>55114683
>>
>>55114785
nigger
>>
>>55114715
>Check the settings
>"It's still there, I don't know what these people are talking about"
>"Oh right I updated and haven't restarted the browser in a while, it's still running in version 46"
>Restart the browser
>The setting is gone
Looks like it's not just a meme
>>
File: autism.jpg (69 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
69 KB, 1000x400
>>55114798
>>
>>55109314
The tiles were disabled months ago I think, they were an experiment. Now there's only Mozilla's own services there. They didn't send your information to begin with though they were picked based on how popular a site was for each area.

With the privacy settings I'm pretty sure everything except the crash reporter is disabled by default.
>>
>Chrome and palememe shills are in full force in this thread
Give me 3 good reasons I should switch to palememe.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.