[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do to unwind from debugging? I play DCSS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: rune.png (68 KB, 1042x650) Image search: [Google]
rune.png
68 KB, 1042x650
What do you do to unwind from debugging?

I play DCSS
>>
>>55106892
I write stories for the shadowrun universe and never actually make them playable because I'm totally lazy.
>>
>>55106892
What's it like OP? Like nethack where you just try to go deeper and survive? Or does it have quests?
Any other features worth mentioning?
>>
>>55107060
>nethack where you just try to go deeper and survive

Nethack has a very clear goal. You've gotta go down to a certain level, grab a few artifacts on the way, then find a certain thing that takes you to hell/heaven and do some other bullshit including fucking someone up, and then you ascend and become a god.

Or you can go the easy way and just aim to recover the magic amulet, which is technically your main (and only) goal.
>>
>>55107296
Really? I had no idea. Didn't speak much english back when I played it. Is the level with the artifacts the weird one where the layout changes? Don't remember specifically how.
>>
>>55107060
it's similar to nethack but it's much more streamlined and accessible and under active development
>>
Generally I like to bash my head against a hard surface repeatedly
>>
>>55106892
What is DCSS? Looks like Dwarf Fortress.
I draw comics on Queen songs. I find Queen songs to have a story in them.
>>
I wanted to install snake or centapeed or something in bash. Does this exist? Also does anyone know how to make fortune | cowsay launch everytime i open a new iterm2 on mac?
>>
>>55107331
Uh... No idea, but there's a bunch of things you need and they're quite spread. Head to /vg/, there's a roguelike general and they've got some nice resources on the OP.
>>
>>55107352

I do that during
>>
>>55107459
check if iterm use a bash rc equivalent?
>>
>>55106905
Amigo send me these stories, I'll make them playable
>>
>>55107756
It has .bash_profile
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.