[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you start a project? I have this idea and have done planning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: gender.jpg (17 KB, 305x141) Image search: [Google]
gender.jpg
17 KB, 305x141
How do you start a project? I have this idea and have done planning for the technical side of things, but where do I begin creating a prototype? I want to work on the program, in whatever high level language but creating a GUI from scratch seems stupid. It doesn't matter what platform, I just want to work on the actual program, which requires some sort of visual interface. Surely there's an easier way to do things?
>>
>which requires some sort of visual interface

Something wrong with the command line?
>>
>>55105039
I need to be able to show it off to employers. The cool side of things is in the math, but I need something to show it off.

Is it possible to create an interface later that will work directly with a command line program I write, and can be developed separately?
>>
File: ughh.jpg (49 KB, 616x650) Image search: [Google]
ughh.jpg
49 KB, 616x650
>>55105061
>Is it possible to create an interface later that will work directly with a command line program I write, and can be developed separately?

I feel sorry for your boss.
>>
>>55105013
Use Qt and stop being a faggot.
>>
>>55105091
>>55105100

This is *not* a programming project, rather I'm implementing maths, and I've never done anything of this sort. Just looking for something to help me, Qt might be a good idea?
>>
>>55105167
>This is *not* a programming project, rather I'm implementing maths
just use Excel/PowerPoint and make a bunch of charts
>>
>>55105013
Use visual Studio, its the easiest way to create a GUI

>inb4 pajeet poo in loo
>>
>>55105206
That would mean writing Macros in VBA...
I know nothing about creating GUIs but I need them, and I am thinking about writing the program in C/C++ which is a long way off from an easy GUI.

It can look like shit, I just need it to output some stuff
>>
>>55105167
It should be much easier to create a mobile app as the GUI library is provided with the SDK...

If you insist on making desktop, QT is deprecated and hard. Just use Python and a simple guide engine
>>
>>55105220
I had a look at VS, but the whole program is very intimidating, it's set up for users who need a lot more than I do. I guess it could work though
>>
>>55105241
Or use VS like the other guy said with C#
>>
>>55105246
Don't worry, it's quite easy to do what you want if you have some programming experience, just learn some basic stuff about windows forms
>>
>>55105241
>QT is deprecated and hard
Are you high? Qt's development has never been more dynamic than now, it's easy as fuck, looks great, is available on pretty much every platform including mobile, has bindings for pretty much any programming language you can imagine and everyone and their mom are switching to it from soon-to-be-finally-dead Gtk (including Torvalds with his Subsurface project).

I don't know how complex OP's program is, but he could probably write a fully functional GUI in Python + PyQt in few dozen lines.
>>
>>55105232
>That would mean writing Macros in VBA...
you're the maths guy, shouldn't be much of a difference to you
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>55105013
>nearly 2017
>xe's still a male
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.