[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop fan replaced, still not working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20131020_203737_490.jpg (1021 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131020_203737_490.jpg
1021 KB, 3264x2448
Free laptop I'm trying to get up to spec. Took it apart twice now, first time to clean, second time to replace fan. Fan no worky worky so i'm wondering where the hell i can wire this fan on the motherboard to nigger rig it to run full time.

Any ideas?
>>
>>55102972
could intercept the expansion bay/cd drive, without seeing the board it's impossible to know what options are available.
>>
File: board1.jpg (2 MB, 2336x3120) Image search: [Google]
board1.jpg
2 MB, 2336x3120
>>55103022

yeah i've got to tear it back down anyway so i'll get a better photo next time.
>>
File: board2.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
board2.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
>>55103139

guy on ebay sent me the right fan and the wrong heat pipe. typical.

this is the back side.
>>
So i took the old fan and took an old USB cable, red to red black to black and the old fan works from a usb outlet.

problem is this wire is so fucking thin. this is gonna be an exercise in frustration.
>>
>>55102972
>Fan no worky worky
You are aware the fan will only turn on when the CPU hits a certain temperature threshold, right?
>>
>>55103534

no shit? and it's not turning on. two fans i've confirmed for working are not being powered by the motherboard. the laptop is powering off and going over 100 in speccy so i throttled the cpu to 50% to finish updates and update the bios.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.