[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Started using linux >Started bash scripting after 2-3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: img001p.jpg (222 KB, 1200x1689) Image search: [Google]
img001p.jpg
222 KB, 1200x1689
>Started using linux
>Started bash scripting after 2-3 months
>Started getting back into programming after 5-6

Does Linux give you a natural drive to learn programming and other things? I'm way more active with it than I ever was on Windows.
>>
Only for faggots without discipline since it's harder to be distracted on Linux without muh games etc. Ofcourse on /g/ everyone fuels their autism into ricing endlessly
>>
>>55098699
GNU+Linux is designed for to be designed by its user, and the programming is the way to design.
>>
File: plsnobully.jpg (58 KB, 497x497) Image search: [Google]
plsnobully.jpg
58 KB, 497x497
>>55098732
>>
>>55098699
>Does Linux give you a natural drive to learn programming and other things?
Probably. The same happened to me.
>>
>>55099184
What causes it?
>>
File: 549654.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
549654.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>55099612
When you become aware of the power you can have, it happens.

Neal Stephenson on the book "In the Beginning was the Command Line" talks on how the modern interface hides everything from the user with the consequence of losing power. WIth operative systems like Microsoft Windows this is potentiated. Win 10 made the user literally impotent. They can't choose what its inside their machine, much less understand it, not even know what hides beneath.

GNU/Linux, but remarkably GNU, is an ecosystem of open and free flow of information, thinkering happens automatically when you can choose what goes inside your machine AND know how, why, and what history has the piece of software.

Power changes everything, and information is power https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY57ErBkFFE

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
>>
File: what_a_story_mark.gif (846 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
what_a_story_mark.gif
846 KB, 500x280
>>55099813
*tips fedora*
>>
>>55099852
5 rupees have been deposited in your microsoft account Pajeet
>>
>>55099861
Nvr frgiv
Nvr frget
Expoct us
>>
>>55098759
>linux is designed for ricing
>>>/g/desktopthreadanimehugbox
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.