[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nextcloud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: log-in-big-1024x576.jpg (33 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
log-in-big-1024x576.jpg
33 KB, 1024x576
Any thoughts on this owncloud fork?
>>
They are making all the enterprise features, which were reserved for paying clients in owncloud, open source, so they're ok in my book
>>
ownCloud is dead
>>
>>55089688
How come? Do you mean active development has stopped or are you saying that everyone will switch to nextcloud?
>>
>>55089764
Community developpers have already switch to Nextcloud. Without the community Owncloud project will sink soon.
>>
>Software as a Service
No.
>>
>>55089764
https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-statement-concerning-the-formation-of-nextcloud-by-frank-karlitschek/

> Our main lenders in the US have cancelled our credit. Following American law, we are forced to close the doors of ownCloud, Inc. with immediate effect
That's just the US office but still...
>>
>>55090135
One of the ex-founders (german) made a new company in germany for supporting enterprise customers (Owncloud and Nextcloud), aswell you can switch from Owncloud to Nextcloud through an update. A friend told me that it worked fine for him.
And: 9/10 of the top devs already switched to nextcloud.
Owncloud dies, nextcloud ftw
>>
>>55087511
I installed it this morning
For now, it's an exact owncloud clone.
Wait and see
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.