[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without adequate analysis and algorithms, mass surveillance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: pentagono-hackers.jpg (80 KB, 822x450) Image search: [Google]
pentagono-hackers.jpg
80 KB, 822x450
Without adequate analysis and algorithms, mass surveillance is not the answer to fighting terrorism and tracking suspects.

That's what President Obama had learned last year when he signed the USA Freedom Act, which ends the bulk collection of domestic phone data by US Intelligence Agencies.

There is no doubt that US Government is collecting a vast quantity of data from your smartphone to every connected device i.e. Internet of the things, but…

Do they have enough capabilities to predict and identify terrorists or cyber criminals or state-sponsored hackers before they act?

Well, if they had, I would not be getting chance to write about so many brutal cyber attacks, data breaches, and terrorist attacks that not only threatened Americans but also impacted people worldwide.

http://www.michellhilton.com/2016/06/o-pentagono-quer-desenvolver-tecnologia-para-rastrear-hackers.html
>>
Arriba Arriba Andale Arriba
>>
>>55079348
Genuinely interesting, and true.

But lets be honest, all this surveillance is in practice espionage. Industrial espionage, political persecution, and personal stalking ("loveint").

For these criminals is irrelevant if it helped "national security" or not.
>>
File: Raffey-Cassidy.jpg (234 KB, 900x1313) Image search: [Google]
Raffey-Cassidy.jpg
234 KB, 900x1313
>>55079348
the le meme it's just to avoid terrorism is a side act.

they are after something more interesting.
>>
>>55079348
They won't ever be able to do anything with it. It's like the moron who tracked every ip connecting to the torrent bay. Useless information because it isn't actionable.
>>
>>55081729
Nudes?
>>
>>55081729
Please, don't bring the crap of "you can also be part of the elite".

Many bright people will refuse to join, and for good reasons. Not even if you threaten with "Rocko's Basilisk".
>>
>>55081729
Using algorithms and prediction tools to better manipulate and control the public?
>>
>>55081858
Bingo!
>>
>>55081870
That much data combined with all the research into artificial intelligence right now. Looks like we could be dealing with a cyber shadow government here soon.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.