[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pc in need of repair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0182.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0182.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
So my Toshiba satelite pc is starting to show some signs of retirement/..death.
After normal use with lifting and closing the screen the frame has slowly cracked up over time.
Now its completely snapped near the charging hole.
Sticky tape held it together for a while.
Now i must correct the charging cable every time i move the laptop.
Anybody else experienced this? Is there a glue that works Well on plastic that anybody can reccomend.
Pic related -
>>
Buy an X, T or W series thinkpad
>>
>>55079144
Go give your sister a hug. It works every time.
>>
>charging hole
>>
>>55079144
This is why I hope apple does not kill MagSafe.

Sorry man,

If you're using windows, look at the Thinkpad T series or the Latitude 5000. Both Are MilSpec and might hold up a bit better, with a bug emphasis on might.
>>
>>55079313
Sorry, BIG emphasis.

of course bug emphasis may apply to some models...
>>
A dab of Gorilla glue will fix almost anything, even a solid brass bedframe. The downside is it really needs to cure for at least 24 hours.
>>
>>55079144
You mean if you move the cable it stops charging? or if plug is at other angle it stops charging?
>>
File: 1464804823612.png (118 KB, 327x333) Image search: [Google]
1464804823612.png
118 KB, 327x333
>>55079722
Both anon.. BOTH.
I'm like the polar opposite of materialistic. And i always look for top tier tech that will last years ahead.
Sadly this Toshiba was built using low quality plastic that they smoothed the surface of and sold off. :(
>>
>>55080360
Try with different charger first if you can, it's probably dead cable. It's usually a dead cable. I think I even see the part that is damaged on your pic, just under the plug, at the start of the cable. If it's that, that's a common problem for anything with plugs that are constantly moved. If you can solder, crack open power brick, unsolder old cable, solder new one in, close power brick.
If you can't solder: a)get someone else to do it for you, b) buy new power brick.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.