[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons, I don't know what to do. So I am a NEET and out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Panic.jpg (6 KB, 200x291) Image search: [Google]
Panic.jpg
6 KB, 200x291
Anons, I don't know what to do.

So I am a NEET and out of the blue I got a proposal to work as a sysadmin for a small (is ~60 people considered small?) company. I actually don't think that my computer knowledge is any good (maybe slightly higher than helpdesk) and I absolutely do not know what to expect. Should I fucking pull out right now or should I at least try? How to not instantly fuck everything up?

pls help
>>
the worst you can do is fail my child
>>
File: Homer-Simpson-cooks-cereal.gif (2 MB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Homer-Simpson-cooks-cereal.gif
2 MB, 600x450
>>55071285
I guess you're right, anon.
I just need to know basic pitfalls so I want be forever known as a massive retard by those people.
>>
Google is your friend. Wing it and learn as you go. What's the worst that can happen, you get fired or form a decent career?
>>
>>55071338
>What's the worst that can happen, you get fired or form a decent career?
It's not me who I worry about. I am afraid to be a nuisance to other people who work there. Who wants to be sitting whole day because some idiot sysadmin does not know how to reset router or some shit?
Well, it's not like they would sue me (I hope) in case something goes horrible wrong but still.
>>
>>55071285
>>55071333
>>55071338
More like the worst that can happen is OP costing the company thousands of dollars through training or fucking something up real bad.

Seriously OP, you need to inquire what responsibilities you'll be taking on, skill required and scope of the job. Use your best judgement.
>>
>>55071373
If they offer you the job and you dick it up, it's not your fault. They've seen your resume haven't they?
>>
>>55071225
Just install adobe reader.
>>
>>55071412
this
>>
>>55071225
Fucking kill yourself you over weight faggot cunt smelly ape poop hole licker dick gobbler fucking dumb tech illiterate ignorant NEET waste of space retard.
>>
File: hacking.webm (145 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
hacking.webm
145 KB, 640x300
>>55071393
>you need to inquire what responsibilities you'll be taking on, skill required and scope of the job
Believe me, I tried. Guess I will have to see it all tomorrow personally.

>>55071405
>If they offer you the job and you dick it up, it's not your fault.
I don't think it works that way, anon.

>>55071429
Why would I do that?
>>
>I don't think it works that way, anon.
Either way, they should put you through some kind of training.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.