[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET TO I.T. CAREER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: ted-cruz (2).jpg (504 KB, 3952x2964) Image search: [Google]
ted-cruz (2).jpg
504 KB, 3952x2964
NEET here. I'm interested in an IT career - seems the best bet.

I'm starting from the bottom, so I have some questions.
How do I go about landing a entry-level job?
What steps can I take to advantage myself significantly?
What do I need to do, and to avoid (been hearing to avoid MCSE/alphabet certificates).
Any other primers or advice?
>>
>4k jpg of Ted Cruz
Why
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>
just start with an A+, after work on a CCNA. MeaNwhile get a job at geek squad or as a 1st level tech
>>
>>55070189
Start at some sucky position, help desk will do just fine. After that you'll know what you should learn in order to progress. The point is - you have to start doing shit.
>>
Don't do it. Just learn to code amd build shit for people. Sites, programs. All that jazz. Fug the I.T industry...
>>
>>55070565
Currently working on that.
The gov will probably shut off the supply of neetbux soon unless it sees some movement towards a career however.
>>
>>55070565
Any further elaboration on how a career-path like this might unfold is strongly requested.
>>
>>55070858
Just put out good solid content. People will talk and you will eventually have a sloom of people calling you for work. It's what I did/doing. I can't handle sitting at a help desk all day, talking to old ass people who don't even know how to turn a pc on. All while the boss gets all the credit for leading a "hard working team"

Once you start to get clients. Build you a site. Push it as a business. Maybe build and sell wordpress themes. I know a few people who took this route and had huge payoffs.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-14-00-00-52.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-14-00-00-52.png
1 MB, 720x1280
>>55070189
>>
>>55070916
Much appreciated! - and feel free to elaborate even further! All this goes in the Great Notebook.
>>
Feel bad for Cruz. Got so close to becoming the nominee - a lifedream thwarted. And he would probably have beaten Hillary; his IQ towers above the rest of the pack.

Now Trump will lose to Hillary. such cases
>>
>>55071303
Needs more charisma though
>>
If you want to maintain a NEET-ish lifestyle while still making money, look into NOC jobs. They pay good money, require basic computer knowledge, and you basically sit there all night waiting for something to break - and at most companies, it's not often something does.
>>
>>55070189
Get sec + then you can work for the DoD contracting companies if you can pass a security clearance
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.