[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best fictional Operating Systems >Navi from Serial Experiments Lain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: lain_navi_os_by_dreamingusagi.gif (125 KB, 1097x805) Image search: [Google]
lain_navi_os_by_dreamingusagi.gif
125 KB, 1097x805
Best fictional Operating Systems
>Navi from Serial Experiments Lain
>>
>>55066569
If memory serves, I think someone had started a project to create an OS based on Navi. I think it stopped though sometime in 2004.
>>
>>55066569
Pic related is not the best but mandatory.
>>
File: Hurr.jpg (322 KB, 810x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hurr.jpg
322 KB, 810x1200
>>55068466
Forgot pic.
>>
>>55067109
http://lainos.sourceforge.net/
I want to try it but I don't even know if it will work on anything that isn't Debian 3..
>>
whatever the one used in Hacknet is. I mean it literally has "hack this" buttons, how cool is that
>>
File: ctOS.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ctOS.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
>>55068549
Seems nice. The other face being the ctOS in Watch_Dogs, which gets hacked.
>>
the 3D file browser in Jurassic Park because it's actually real
>>
>>55068572
This game was so shit, it broke so many barriers of stupid that when I saw the trailer for the first time, it made me evaluate my life, and seriously think if I should leave this idiocy behind to become a tibetan monk.

And now, we are going to have a sequel. If God really exists and is racional, he will genocide us all sending humanity straightly to hell, there is no space in the universe for this level of stupid.
>>
>>55068671
And yet people buy it.

Hand over the gun.
>>
File: squidward.jpg (8 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
squidward.jpg
8 KB, 261x193
>>55068697
You come and get it after I use it.
>>
>>55068671
What about video games is supposed to be realistic? As long as it doesn't market itself as such who gives a fuck?

On a side note are there any realistic hacking games? Seems like that could be kinda fun.
>>
>>55068762
Hacking is boring. Extremly boring. But that is no reason to go full Harry Potter on computers. Just like no game shows people creating miraculous chemical substances in a couple of minutes, making engineering wonders in a matter of days. There is bullshit? Yes, games exist because of extrapolation, but they always care to make it look plausible. Except when it comes to hacking.

>plug pendrive
>"I'll hack'em"
>5 seconds bar
>"I downloaded their [insert 2 paragraphs of buzzwords]"
>>
>>55066569
Whatever the fuck they use in Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>55068762
The hacking side game from Enter the Matrix, sort of.
>>
File: 3.jpg (9 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
9 KB, 500x281
Shaftsoft Wonders XP
>>
>>55068900
It would be so cool to work in hacking as a sort of a progression system

first you just do basic shit like discover other devices on the network that are supposed to be hidden

then maybe you copy over a file that makes the cell phone ring so you can find it IRL. And so on and so on. Anything but "press X to hack military computer in 20 seconds"
>>
What about the os Edward from Cowboy Bebop uses?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.