[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The future os iOS - embracing it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
After the horrific accident that was SJWW"D"C, there is a huge mix of emotions. Apple has also mentioned the new homekit, sending your heartbeat to people, predictive texts, Siri allowing to control your entire home, and much more.

Should we embrace it, instead of fighting it off?

iOS, well, apple, has became a huge bubble. Sure, some may claim that its an iSheep "drone" bubble, if you will, but after the "coding" segment, and the moves they're making with seamless integration with your tablet, watch, computer, AND house, it seems very cozy.
>>
Well I like the whole new thing with notifications and widgets. Just what I wanted actually.

Apart from that I dont really care.
>>
File: 0.gif (22 KB, 180x150) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
22 KB, 180x150
>>55063244
Since they embraced DRM like they do now and the lack of MIDI compatibility in it's OS without QT7pro (wtf is up with that, even my old Nokia can play MIDIs), they're rather dead to me.
>>
>>55063190
>Mickey mouse stickers and imessage plug-ins

Not really that great, no file manager, no way to disable pretty installed apps, no widgets on homescreen, no tablet/phone apps on desktop os...

Lets face it ios will be dead in a few years. There is nothing ios can do that android can't for half the price.
>>
>>55063457
>no file manager
iOS manages files within apps
> no way to disable pretty installed apps
iOS comes only with a few apps that are just what device needs to function. Only app I would call bloat is the watch app. At least it doesnt come with carrier apps or microsoft apps and shit
>no widgets on homescreen
Because they are on the lockscreen or the widget tab where they should be
>no tablet/phone apps on desktop os
You wut

Invalid points. And that is nothing indicating iOS will be dead. Sure iDevices are more expensive, but you get what you paid.
>>
any ios10 beta user that can confirm if those lockscreen features work on pre-6S iPhones?
>>
>>55063557
>>>/lgbt/, iToddler
>>
>>55064067
great arguments as usual
>>
>>55063457
There's actually a pretty neat feature that makes it so that any files you have on your desktop also are on your iOS devices
>>
>>55063887
yes
>>
>no imessage on android
>>
>>55063557
stocks podcasts and tips should be able to disable. other than that im not too picky with other stuff
>>
>>55067111

That will actually be a feature of iOS10.

Default apps that you don't want can be removed.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/ios-10-is-going-to-let-you-delete-most-of-apples-default-apps/
>>
>>55063190
>lyft
>>
File: Apple reaction.png (570 KB, 979x406) Image search: [Google]
Apple reaction.png
570 KB, 979x406
>some happy audience members
>>
File: IMG_0656.png (44 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0656.png
44 KB, 750x1334
already on it, famalam
>>
>huge bubble
>For You
>>
>>55063190
Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple iPhone 6S Plus.
>>
>>55063457
>no file manager
Yes there is
>no way to disable pretty installed apps
Yes there is
>no widgets on homescreen
Yes there is, technically (swipe)
>>
File: evo-256_706.webm (15 KB, 706x450) Image search: [Google]
evo-256_706.webm
15 KB, 706x450
>>
>>55067866
The meme never ends
>>
>>55063190
>sending your heartbeat to people
Wait they mean a literal heartbeat?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.