[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I have a central AC in my home, but after it shuts off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: CreepyGucci.jpg (33 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
CreepyGucci.jpg
33 KB, 540x304
Hey /g/ I have a central AC in my home, but after it shuts off my room can get kinda hot at times because of my PC and recently old PS3, and a snake.

Well anyways, any way too cool all of this? Is there some sort of fan or something that I can use to cool all of this down. I like being in the cool or cold, the heat bothers me.

Thanks in advance.
>>
How about working vents in your home like most AC systems have?
>>
>>55058169
They do, but I already explained faggot. After it shuts off the room heats up quite a bit fairly quickly, because of everything that I have.

SO I was thinking there should be some way to maintain a cool temperature without having the AC running all the fucking time, and even if I did it still turns off for a bit and it will just heat up.
>>
>>55058152
Where's your thermostat?

My PS4 blows hot air directly on to my thermostat so it thinks its always like 90F which keeps the central AC blowing cold
>>
>>55058215

Close other vents in your house some, that way most of the cool air isn't being pumped into oher rooms of the house as much.
>>
>>55058152
S'GUCCI

Also put the thermostat in your room.
>>
>>55058608
Thermostat is by the AC unit
>>
>>55058611
How much should I close it?
>>
>>55058152

http://www.homedepot.com/p/LG-Electronics-5-000-BTU-115-Volt-Window-Air-Conditioner-LW5016/206520593

Save money keeping just your room cool vs. cooling the whole house because your room is hot. Although personally I like this style better.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/LG-Electronics-7-000-BTU-Portable-Air-Conditioner-with-Dehumidifier-Function-67-Pint-Day-and-Remote-Control-LP0711WNR/202562960

Portable, doesn't require a true "install", can get it closer to your PC for extra cooling.
>>
>>55058611
>>55058795

If you live in an older home, I wouldn't recommend closing many vents, this can create a pressure build up in your central duct and cause holes to blow out in it, letting cool air out into the attic instead of where you want it to go.
>>
>>55058623
IT"SS GUCCCCCII, BURRRRR

I think I would have to do to much work, I was thinking of something more simplistic, like an air tower.
>>
>>55058782

This is why. It's probably in a hallway or living room. The problem with this is this means your AC only gives a shit about the thermostat reading the temperature you have set.

You've got a couple of options. A) Move your Thermostat to the room you keep your PC. This in itself isn't too difficult, the issue becomes it will probably make the rest of your house really fucking cold (unless you do some vent management). B) Buy a dedicated A/C unit for that room in particular. They sell your standard window units, those are extremely effective in keeping a single room fucking cold, but they can draw a good bit of power. Another option here is a cooling tower, they're generally cheaper all around, but not quite as effective.

Your last option would be get a shitty ~$20 fan, open your door, and have the fan direct air from the rest of your house into the room that's too hot.
>>
>>55058831
Actually yes you are correct, this happens a lot, especially if your AC moves a lot of air.
>>
>>55058812
I could but that would add a lot to my bill, need something that can cool decently but doesn't draw a lot of power.

>>55058853
Hallway correct. I like the 3rd option of a tower. I can set it in a way that it cools my entire area. Are there any decent ones?
>>
>>55058857

I know I'm correct, thats why I said it. You added nothing to this conversation, thank you. :^)
>>
File: permitted-floor-ac.jpg (249 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
permitted-floor-ac.jpg
249 KB, 800x480
>>55058152
Get a window unit for your room. Then you can actually set your main A/C a little higher and it will turn on less, which will help offset the added cost from the second unit.

They're dirt cheap these days, I had one like the one in the picture (except mine had two hoses, one for in and one for out) and it was amazing and doesn't look anywhere near as white-trash. Literally cooled my room off by 10 degrees and only ran for like 10 minutes at a time every hour or so.
>>
File: Happy Gucci.png (46 KB, 181x166) Image search: [Google]
Happy Gucci.png
46 KB, 181x166
>>55058857
Okay
>>
File: Gucci Mane is amused.png (115 KB, 364x320) Image search: [Google]
Gucci Mane is amused.png
115 KB, 364x320
>>55058841
If I were you I'd probably just get a portable AC unit, family. They're versatile AF, I have one cooling my server nook.
>>
File: Sauce.png (170 KB, 320x324) Image search: [Google]
Sauce.png
170 KB, 320x324
>>55059387
Which one do you have?
>>
Bamp
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.