[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This thread is probably going to get a lot of hate for windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: windows-10-poop-logo.png (31 KB, 550x93) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-poop-logo.png
31 KB, 550x93
This thread is probably going to get a lot of hate for windows 10 and maybe that's a good thing.

Now that the free upgrade is almost at an and (end of July) should I "upgrade" my windows 7?

Does anyone here had problems dualbooting win10 and debian?

How are the privacy issues with win10 right now?
>>
You may as well try it and roll back if you don't like it.
Privacy is the same but there a plenty of tools to fix it (Spybot, ShutUp10, etc)
>>
>>55055161
I enjoyed windows 10. Definitely a huge improvement from windows 8. Compared to windows 7 though I don't know, It just felt fresh and faster... On the other hand I might be full of shit
>>
>>55055177
So it's better then on windows 7 when using those?
>>
>>55055161
>How are the privacy issues with win10 right now?
YES FUCKING UPGRADE
TELEMETRY WAS PATCHED INTO EVERY VERSION OF WINDOWS
EITHER UPGRADE OR USE LINUX
STOP WITH THE RETARDNESS
HOW CAN PEOPLE BE THIS FUCKING STUPID
EVERY GODDAM DAY THE SAME THREAD
YOU DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT PRIVACY, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DO
WILL YOU STOP USING EVERY GOOGLE SERVICE TOO? FUCK OFF OUTTA HERE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Just dualboot and use Linux or Hackintosh as your main operating system
>>
>>55055490
Can you stop screaming? It makes me feel uncomfortable
>>
>>55055161

If you "upgrade" and then roll back within 30 days, your key will be "upgraded" as well, so this July deadline wont affect you anymore - you will be able to make clean install of both 7 and 10 from same key - not at the same time, of course.

If you are not sure, I suggest performing "upgrade" (in worst case MS will get single spike of data about your machine and thats all - irrevelant from their perspective, as they want to create patterns out of combined data from many users, not single spikes they wont even care to check) and then roll back right away (if done corretly, your 7 wont even notice once it will get back).

Anyway, I would still suggest, if you are about to use 10, to make clean install from other key and dual boot (or even triple boot with Debian - there are guides around the net how to do so) with 7. This was healthy practice so far (I kept my XP partition after installing 7 for several years, just in case).
>>
>>55055458
I use it and like it better than Win 7, but it does have some weird bugs that 7 doesn't.
>>
>>55055490

>TELEMETRY WAS PATCHED INTO EVERY VERSION OF WINDOWS

For hell sake, why you guys always forget about the ability to disable certain updates?
>>
>>55055161
>Running windows outside a VM
>Running windows 10 outside a VM
>Not having simple Vt-d visualization
>>
>>55055794
>visualization
virtualization*

>Not using the god tier seamless mode
>>
>>55055794

How are VMs working with GPU now? Because, you know, whats the point of using Windows in VM, if it cant properly utilize GPU?
>>
>>55055161
>2016
>dual booting

nigga use KVM
>>
>>55055817
>use a hypervisor type 1 that doesnt suck
>have a cpu with virtualization enhancements

this hasnt been an issue for years now
>>
>>55055817
There's GPU passthrough, but it's still kinda green. I personally don't dig the idea to constantly be switching inputs for something that is still inferior. I already did this process and in the time it took for me to actually boot windows 10 with that, I could have restarted 4 times. Kinda defeats the purpose.
>>
>>55055817
Skylake Vt-d + AMD GPU is what you are looking for. Works fine with virtualbox
>>
>>55055568
>have old drive empty for test and random shit
>take out current OS drive just as precaution
>Install W7 in old drive, use daz to get key, pass genuine microsoft test in website so their servers recognize it
>Get W10 ISO, mount/make bootable drive/burn, take gatherosstate.exe
>run gatherosstate.exe, get genuineticket.xml
>make w10 fresh install in said old disk, not connected to internet, drop the xml in programdata\microsoft\windows\clipsvc\GenuineTicket, restart.
>Microjew get my hardware registered in their sv so if i install w10 sometimes in the future it's already sever side validated.
>disconnect old drive and connect current OS drive and keep going like nothing ever happened.

Its not that hard, hell you don't even need another disk, just create another partition and then do whatever you want with it.
>>
File: 1464057556825.jpg (67 KB, 779x800) Image search: [Google]
1464057556825.jpg
67 KB, 779x800
>>55055161
It's a market share grab.

It has support for newer bits and pieces but it's wildy bloated and invasive with less overall support than current 7.

Do not.

Stick to unupdated Windows 7 or 8 with your dual boot.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.