[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did anyone find a solution for playing .webm directly in safari yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
did anyone find a solution for playing .webm directly in safari yet?
>>
yes, use firefox
>>
>>55052499
firefox/chrome kills macbook battery life, i use safari solely for that reason when i have my laptop unplugged, it's a noticeable difference
>>
File: 9096726.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
9096726.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>55052494
grow up and buy a man's computer?
>>
>>55053726
Which one?
>>
>>55053778
alienware
razer
>>
>>55052551
Do you have like 10 minutes of battery or what? Just fucking plug it in if it's such a goddamn problem.
>>
>>55052551
I read this as “I like to fuck around on youtube all day long and think VP9 is the code name of a drug”
>>
>>55052494
yeah but it doesn't work on el capitan so you're shit out of luck my friend.
>>
>>55052494
just pipe curl to mpv you lazy fuck
>>
Webm is a fringe format that literally nobody uses. Well except for kike affiliated sites like 4chin.
>>
>>55052494
We've all got a solution OP. Let me list them in order of most to least work on your part-
1. Use a real web browser, one that isn't littered with issues. The browser that came packed with my OS is shit too, deal with it.
2. Install a superior OS. Theres a few suggested throughout this travesty of a thread. Most ire is not misplaced.
3. Shut the fuck up and go away, its not your Mac- that's just something I tell all people who insist on being miserable so they can moan about it.
>>
>>55053906
Sup with that naming convention anyway?
>>
File: 1465422079507.jpg (11 KB, 175x300) Image search: [Google]
1465422079507.jpg
11 KB, 175x300
>>55053885
>>
>>55053897
Not OP but there's a difference of over an hour battery time on average with a 9-12 hour battery life.
Makes a big difference when you're in a position to charge
>>
>>55054966

Why are you so angry?
Has someone hurt you?
>>
>>55052494
yeah, Use a good OS
>>
>>55052494
Never used Safari, but I imagine there should be a plugin/extension system for Safari, right?
You can use a Javascript decoder to try watching WebMs, which will probably take a bit of CPU power, but it will get the job done.

Besides that, Apple has ties with MPEG, so they're not going to support WebM any time soon.

>>55053998
>Hating WebM
>Supporting patented non-royalty-free codecs
"Cuck" is an apt word to describe you.
>>
>>55055051
If you read my words in some angry tone of voice that's on you dude.
Freud called that projecting.
>>
I use Perian and it works fine.

Note: There will be more battery rape than 50 pajeets in the back of a school bus.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.