[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is snapchat making super advance face tracking software? Think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
Is snapchat making super advance face tracking software? Think about all of the data they're getting from snapchat filter selfies
>>
>>55048242
Oh shit, you may be right, let me just uninstall my snapch... Oh no, I don't use snap chat, because i'm not a 14 year old girl.
>>
>>55048316
s/not a 14 year old girl/a fat neckbeard without any friends/ :^)
>>
face recognition software is nothing new and snapchat's sucks ass.
>>
Relax. Snapchat isn't doing anything that wasn't already known to engineers in the 80s. The underlying software uses pattern detection algorithms that have been in use for nearly 30 years now.

If anything, you should be worried about FB and their ownership of that facial-rec software company.
>>
We had to do a project at my school which involved sending photos using Snapchat, i failed because there was no way I was going to install Snapchat on my phone.
>>
>>55048631
What are you, a fag?
>>
>>55048669
Waaahhh, don't call me that!
>>
>>55048556
Zuckerberg is going to be that villain you see in dystopian movies, that's why everything he says in public is beige and innocent while he buys every new tech that has the potential to out shadow his own with crazy billion dollar offers people can't refuse, that young that made oculus rift got bought for 700 million from zuck, which is tiny when you think of the implication 10 years from now
>>
>>55048799
>700 million
Try 2 billion
>>
File: you tried 2.gif (2 MB, 248x291) Image search: [Google]
you tried 2.gif
2 MB, 248x291
>>55048242
>a filter that autoshoops your face
why would you spend time developing this
how does snapchat even have money, like who invests in this shit
>>
>>55048882
My mistake, Palmer luckeys personal net is 700 million, but thinking of the future, like Instagram got bought for 1 billion and must be worth 10 now
>>
>>55048898
USERS
S
E
R
S
>>
>>55048898
There's a whole market made up of these weird ass human beings called teenagers.
But it's not like they spent a lot of money, they face recognition ain't even all that great.
>>
>>55048963
>>55048961
but can you even spend money on snapchat? they dont have ads do they? like you cant get that kind of cash by just being popular
>>
>>55049036
Users mean everything, I think they're trying to move into a strange multiple income system, I imagine it will look different from what it is now in time but it's the user base people invest in even if it takes years for a results, face books got the ultimate Ad machine
>>
>>55049036
They sell the data dummy
>>
>>55048631
i'm calling bullshit

what about that poor kid who doesn't even have a phone

or that religious kid whose parents don't let him have a social life

you totally just made that shit up
>>
>>55049036
When you've got users you've got investors. It's not so much the profit of the company but the worth of the company.

Say that you make an ad-free, free to use app for whatever purpose and it goes viral and users increase into the millions. What you do then is raise a round of funding from private investors, and the money you get from them (plus the net profit if there were any) is the worth of the company.

Why would investors be interested on a free app, just because its got a lot of users?
https://www.snapchat.com/ads
This is why.
>>
>>55049149
>what about that poor kid who doesn't even have a phone
public schools don't do this shit

>or that religious kid whose parents don't let him have a social life
homeschooled.
>>
>>55049221
>implying anon went to a private school
>>
>>55048631
You are an idiot.
>>
>>55049036
They do have ads, and companies buy geofilters and lenses for them. For example mcdonalds paid for a geofilter for their locations and 20th century fox paid for a espcial x-men lens (face distortion filter)
They also have both "stories" which are your run of the mill ads, and longer more expensive ads for events
>>
>>55049190
I think they're going for an ad technique similar to product placement in movies, instead of just invasive banner ads, brands already have their own 'cool' filter, it's a pretty clever way
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.