[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keyboard key shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (7 KB, 678x405) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7 KB, 678x405
I cant use my spacebar as its broken Is there away to set the "V" key to work as a spacebar please tell me how I can do this!

ps. Im CTRL+Ving spaces
>>
>>55039162
but how will you type V then? on windows dl autohotkey
>>
You dont need to type V much
>>
>>55039162
use the onscreen keyboard scrub
>>
When I run the sript in auto hot key

v::
Send,
Return

It dosnt work (after send i put in a space)
>>
>>55039162
don't use V, use some other key like the - next to the comma
>>
>>55039162
install gentoo
>>
When I run that script it gives an error message that says

Error at line 3
Line Text: Send,
Error: "Send" requires at least 1 parameter
>>
>>55039162
Use sharpkeys to re assign V into Spacebar in the registry
>>
>>55039495
>>55039538
Autohotkey is shit, really. i had to come with it for an year since my LALT key stopped working and i assure you that sharpkeys is years and years ahead
>>
Right Downloading sharpkeys but any of you guys know the command on autohotkey for when i press type space?
>>
In sharpkeys how do I make it run?
>>
Just buy a new fucking keyboard
>>
>>55039909
/thread
>>
>>55039545
> sharpkeys

> Things that SharpKeys will do:
>
> Map an entire key to any other key - e.g. you could remap Caps Lock to a Shift key
> Remap more than one key to one single key - e.g. you could remap every key on a keyboard to the letter Q
>
> Things that SharpKeys will not do:
>
> Allow you to swap two keys with each other - e.g. you can’t have Q and Z swap places because the remapping code would get confused
> Map multiple key presses to one key - e.g. it will not support an attempt to remap Ctrl+C to the F5 key
> Map mouse clicks to any key
> Support certain hardware keys that never make it to Windows - e.g. Logitech’s volume buttons or most Fn keys
> Support multiple mappings for different users - the Windows key being tweaked is for an entire machine
> Protect you from yourself - if you disable your DEL key and can’t login because CtrlAltDel doesn’t work now, you’ll have to reformat

So in which exactly department sharpkeys is superiror to ahk?
>>
You can't remap a capital V because its the same keycode as a lower case v.

Remap one of the shift keys to space.

xmodmap -e "Keycode 55 = space"

Use xev to find the keycode.
>>
>>55039162
+v::space

Shift+v will result in space. v and v with caps on will result in v and V respectively.
>>
I got I working with sharpkeys now when i press\/ it dose a space thx guys! howe\/er it dosnt work in games on steam so Rip
>>
>>55039909
I'm this guy. Seriously why don't you just buy a new one? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>55039495
You have to use a key name instead of an actual space for special characters you retard
>>
>>55040192
>\/
Literally lmaoing
Thanks for the laugh anon.
>>
>>55039909
not OP but im assuming its a laptop
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.