[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brainstorm ways to improve the internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1453464067115.gif (2 MB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
1453464067115.gif
2 MB, 225x169
Comment with ideas for how to better improve the infrastructure and functionality of the weirdest bundle of human thought ever.

Possible starting points:

>More use of Human intelligence tasks in place of overbearing advertising (meh difficulty to create easy to use API for quick implmentation?)

>Creation of a sort of psuedononymous web visa that lets you use services without needing to create accounts but without putting your data in the hands of an increasingly powerful Google/Alphabet or Facebook and theoretically funded by telling advertisers what you'd actually like to see (Sort of like what you can do with Gmail, fairly difficult)

>Turn the web into a series of enclosed bubbles via increased use of mesh nets with end to end encryption between them and within their own intranets to increase difficulty of dragnet surveillance (Very difficult)

wtf do I know though?
>>
>>55036963
you should talk more about the third option
>>
Heh just stick with html5 kiddo
>>
We should add a mandatory IQ test to post on websites.

I think OpenID might be close to what you're looking for in number 2.

Number 3 is almost any darknet.
>>
>>55037089

Darkwebs/closed webs are kinda irrelevant to this though since making the regular web more like 3 to make mass surveillance more difficult is kind of the point.

OpenID is totally on track for 2 though
>>
Stop legislating it
>>
can someone explain that damn gif?
>>
Meshnets

Or more realistically we could at least start using IPSec
>>
>>55036963
internet should be free
>>
>>55037322

...as in, free at a coffee shop or?
>>
>>55036963
>force i2p/TOR connections
>put Snowden, Assange, and Stallman in charge
>nuke Google and purge all survivors
>put FBI/CIA/NSA/JIDF on suicide watch
>permaban and/or give Weev a medal
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.