[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just a reminder that if you use Kali Linux you are one or multiple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2016-06-12-00-51-18.png (968 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-12-00-51-18.png
968 KB, 1080x1920
Just a reminder that if you use Kali Linux you are one or multiple of the following

>A 12yr old kid trying to look edgy but can't even operate a terminal

>A man child you wants to be like daddy Snowdon

>Has a poor taste in operating systems

>Thought the dragon looked cool so they clicked that one
>>
Snowden used Tails, you fucking retard
>>
What about...?

>Someone who was just curious, and decided to check it out on an old laptop

Although I've only considered doing that. Not curious enough.
>>
>>55036578
Ooooor
>wants to actually learn how to use the tools so they burnt it to a usb drive
>>
>>55036606
What's the point anon, you're not going to do any pen testing anyway

Autismo OP already knows this. Stupid thread.
>>
I use it because part of my IT program has classes with pentesting.
>>
>>55036578
I'd you are OP, just a reminder that you are fucking illiterate.
>>
like it or not, people in security actually do use it because it has pretty much everything already installed so you dont have to spend the time dealing with the classic linux bullshit

alternatively, you can just something like ubuntu with ptf
>>
>>55036578
What if you downloaded it specifically for fucking with your friends with a netbook?
>>
>>55036628
>you're not going to do any pen testing anyway
Yes I am so too!!

But it'll be more along the lines of the sharpie penetration... >_>
>>
>>55036687
Well of course you could, but its not like you'll use all the tools in there

Still USB Kali is relevant for it security, if that's ur thing
>>
Our internal penetration testing team uses Kali. They are retards though and seem to just run some scripts and not filter the results

>open ports detected hurrr
>port 80 is open on your webserver hurrrrr
>>
I used it once to get access to a password protected laptop, it was effective
>>
>>55036687
I guess that's why they call it pen testing
>>
>>55036578
>Thought the dragon looked cool so they clicked that one

I though it was a puckered, unshaven mouth.
>>
>>55036578
Kali is pretty good, ombre.
>>
Reminder to all you newfags: Pentesters are not hackers, they are "advanced" autistic script kiddies with a paycheck
>>
>>55036651

I had a pentesting class in uni too

I just used Debian because that's all Kali Linux is
>>
>>55036578

or

>a consultant that does pen testing periodically for his clients and doesn't feel like using plain-jane Debian or Fedora and having to install an assload of tools.

My little Kali laptop keep money in my pocket, fuck what OP's talking about.
>>
>>55036763
Thats what 99% of these pentester skiddies do

>>55037565
We have a guy on contract who handles our security, this guy by his qualifications is an 'ethical hacker', but in real life, he cant program at all, doesn't know shit about networks, all he does is run metasploit, kali in a VM, some shitty ip scanner called angry ip scanner
>>
File: FUCts.png (314 KB, 499x370) Image search: [Google]
FUCts.png
314 KB, 499x370
>>55037854
>angry ip scanner
>not nmap

I ain't mad at his hustle, but goddammit at least use the right tool.
>>
>>55037854
Loool I bet if you'd ask him what the difference between a private LAN segment and an independent subnet is, he wouldn't know.
>>
>>55037811

This.

Im studying IT Security and Kali is the bare minimum for Pentesting and some forensics...Tails is middly good for pentest also.
>>
>>55037979
apt-get install pentestingtools

>look imahacker
>>
>>55037854
>Thats what 99% of these pentester skiddies do

And shit like that creates tons of overhead. You now have tons of tickets, where you have to explain why port 80 on a webserver may be kinda crucial or why it might be a bad idea to close port 22. Yyou actually had to look through that sea of shit to find actually good and legitimate findings, it is awful.
>>
File: 1454712900141.jpg (153 KB, 651x641) Image search: [Google]
1454712900141.jpg
153 KB, 651x641
>>55037046
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>55036604

Snowden wasn't a hacker, he was a sysadmin.
>>
>>55036578
Kali is actually pretty good for pentesting. Not that a typical /v/ spill like OP would ever know.
>>
>>55038068
> why it might be a bad idea to close port 22
FIlter it and restrict to the office IP. Nmap won't be able to tell if it's actually opened.
>>
>>55036665
That's what we call a felony
>>
>>55036652
>i'd you are
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.